cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter on a whole universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We are working with BOXI r2 - ServicePack 5, on Oracle 9/10 DB.

I want to put a filter on a whole universe so that the clients can only see authorised data (rows of the tables).

I can't find if that's possible on a higher level than for each object, and if so how to do it.

My example :

I have many tables which contain data including ID group and also a table containing username (BOUSER) and ID group.

I want to filter all the tables of the universe which contain the ID and return only data (rows) which the user is authorised to see. The ID is only known at connection time : I know the username of the client (BOUSER) and so can determine the object(s) "ID" which is found in the username table.

(NB. For 1 user there may be several ID groups)

I don't want to have to filter each object (by many identical where conditions in each) but all tables containing the ID of the user's groups ...

... I hope I'm clear enough !

Thank you to help me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In BO XI R2 I suggest to create a row level restriction and apply it to all users.

By the way, in BO XI 3.1 we have introduced new filter types such as mandatory filters.

Mandatory filters are pushed to a query whatever the objects selected in the query panel. Thus could solve your requirement.

Regards,

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer.

I already tried the "row level" but it's not possible in this case.

Maybe the next release with his "mandatory filter" will answer to my question ... I hope !

Answers (0)