Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it me?

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear fellow consultants,

I would like to ask you about your opinion. I have asked a question under BO. The thread is here:

I wonder if that is only my feeling or anybody can understand me when I think Mr. Ingo Hilgefort is not being quite helpful.

Is it my problem to expect more than a single sentence with no real content?

Is it my problem to think it would take him like 5 seconds to provide any link (he did not provide a single one !!!), he probably use that every day.

Is it my problem to think that it is not a real help (i mean SDN standard, or maybe it is only a standard of some people?) when somebody point you to the paid content? (BTW: He didn´t ptovide any link again).

Is it my problem to think he has to drop a word or two to take a part in the discussion but for nothing more?

Am I doing anything wrong? I have searched, provided all information I gathered, ask a reasonable question (I do think so)...

Please tell me your opinions,

regards Otto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

He did say "Hi" most of the time (I normally don't, as it is self-explanatory) and he didn't do a search for you (I normally don't either).

I don't see any problem. Perhaps you should reflect whether you are being more sensitive than normal, because you did not get the information at your finger-tips?

Cheers,

Julius

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

I would like to highlight first of all that there is absolutely no reason to become personal and actually if you have a problem perhaps you want to reach out to the person that gave you the response or at least have the transparency and honesty to stand up for the opinion and the feedback you providing and include the person you blaming.

now let me recap here:

in the first point you asked if there is an integration between an ALV / ABAP report with Crystal Reports similar to Adobe forms and I pointed you to the TechED Session BI116. TechED content is limited to those that did attend the conference and you said that you haven't been there and you not willing to pay the price for the Virtual TechED.

In your last question you asked about a guidance and how to about how to leverage Crystal Reports for ABAP Function / ABAP Reports and I pointed you to help.sap.com and mentioned the Installation Guide and User Guide for the SAP Integration Kit.

All product documentation from SAP and SAP BusinessObjects is available on help.sap.com - that is your actual link - and perhaps by trying that link and selecting the tab for BusinessObjects you might have been able to see all the product documentation, which includes how CR is able to leverage ABAP Functions.

with that I would like to ask you to be more careful in the words and how you provide the feedback for the next time.

regards

Ingo Hilgefort

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My apologies.

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Epic fail.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe the maturity level of the BO community is different from the SAP ERP one? How is that possible that so few documents available, from very few authors... In most cases I can hunt down anything SAP related through google. But that does not work for BO. I am doing some research reagrding the topic and:

- for BO you can get all the software in a trial version (what is quite nice, thank you, guys) but not that much documentation (especially no user content, all the content comes from SAP)

- for SAP you cannot get the software but can get all the information imaginable

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is an interesting observation.

Perhaps BO are still catching up with SAP, and SAP is still catching up with the IdM folks which they bought (SAP-IdM has impeccable and up-to-date documentation).

Cheers,

Julius

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then providing links and stuff to people who are asking (about the Adobe forms for example, you can find me there) is not a right way. Then I should not do that in the mentioned forum and should not expect other people to do that, right?

Otto

p.s.: Julius, how comes it is always you who answer all my questions...:))))

pp.ss.: I spent hours searching before asking and when waiting for any answers BTW

ppp.sss: Do you know the Big Bang Theory Comic serie? You remind me of those guys:)))

Edited by: Otto Gold on Apr 15, 2010 9:13 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

I have a watch on this forum, so see the questions quickly.

I would certainly not take anything personally, when it is for free in the internet...

If the documents mentioned by Ingo have a copyright on them, then I would interpret his answer as being a way of saying "You need to buy the Virtual TechEd subscription, or make do with the help.sap.com docs (or try a google search for them - but I did not tell you to do that)".

Just a guess.

Cheers,

Julius