cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F4 help in Offline Interactive form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have got the F4 help in online interactive form created by Web Dynpro using value help.

I need to get F4 help in OFFLINE interactive form where the user even need not to connect to SAP system.

Plz Help

Thanks & Regards

Arvind

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using value help in following way:

1) Value help drop down list: I have field which is linked to MARA-MATNR in my context. When I try to create a value help drop down list and bind it to MARA-MATNR field, the value help drop down does work but just only once. After that I am not able to use F4 help on that field. Can you please let me know if I am missing any other settings as I am not doing any settings apart from what I wrote. or please provide me link for step by step screen shot,

Note. I search many site but they are give same method but i am unable to take f4 help in adobe form

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

you cannot get F4 help in offline form. Not possible.

Workarounds:

1) create a web service, when the users needs the values from the help the form contacts the webservice and gets all the values he needs to let the user pick the right item

2) put all the data into the form

problem a: possible/ reasonable only for small data sets, like 3 clients, 30 vendors etc., not ALL personal numebrs for example

problem b: when using the data, some items can be outdated (cancelled, deleted etc.) so in few cases the resulting form is not valid (some bad items used...)

Pick one, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

Thanks a lot for ur reply.

I am working on the first solution that is Using web service.

But for current requirement,

how to put all the data in Offline Form which can come in F4 Help at the time when we creating form.

Thanks & Regards,

Arvind

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, your backend program is filling the form with data right now or not? So if you need something more, you just add the objects into the context of the form and enhance the printing program so it loads from DB and puts the data into the form. You will only need to learn some scripting to work with the values in the form I guess.

Regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

Thanks for ur answer.

I have done it in offlline scneario.

I could get the data and filled it into he form.

Thanks & Regards,

Arvind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Otto,

Could you please see the other thread regarding the file size? I'm thinking about going for the F4 workaround there and am interested in your opinion

Thx,

eddy