cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material block

former_member311089
Participant
0 Kudos

I want to block certain materials so that those materials cannot be used in any new sale orders that is to be created, but at the same time if I take delivery for exsisting sale orders then system should allow the same.

How this can be achieved?

I tried using "Cross-distribution-chain material status" field in material master which is under sales view, when I do this my first point of not allowing to create any new sale order with that material is taken care, but at the same time system is not allowing to create delivery for exsisiting order with that material. Please suggest me on how I can resolve this issue.

raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member311089
Participant
0 Kudos

I got the answer, we can define our own material block in the following path

SPRO-IMG-Logistics generalmaterial mastersettings for key fields Dat relevant for Sales and distribution-Define sales stauses-select the disct status ,details and maintin as "B" in Block for order then system will give error message at the time of sales order

Here we can say during which transaction what kind of mesg shud appear, whether warning or error mesg.

So as per my requirment I will configure a new block which gives a error mesg during sale order and warning mesg during delviery

Raj

sidi_reghioui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

yes indeed, you should create a Material Status as per your requirements and assign to material master either X-Plant level of Plant sepcific level.

Regards

Sidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

>maintin as "B" in Block for order then system will give error message at the time of sales order

Hi,

The idea is good.But how would you restrict the material while creating sales order. Because I checked that transaction OMS4, but i could not see any option for error at Sales order level.

For delivery - PGI, error option is there.

So, why dont you use Exclusion for the same.

Put the material in Exclusion in VB01. So, when you try to create order for this material, system will throw an error saying the material is excluded. And at the same time you can create delivery for the sales orders that are already created

Hope you get some inputs

regards,

Sagar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Because I checked that transaction OMS4

The control is in OVSU )

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member311089
Participant
0 Kudos

VB01 option will not be suitable for my business as the maintenance has to be done at customer code level, as I have around 30 thousand codes and 1000 odd cust codes...every day there will be new cust code creation also.

Anyway I got the answer thru ovsu

RAJ

rajiv_trivedi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using ECC 6.0 version, check MM02 On the top of the screen on Right Side there is an Icon of Lock. Click this so material is locked & you can not process any sales order for this material.

Very Simple.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

First you need to close all the open sales order for the material If not than use this work around:

1) In material master use the max order quantity field and enter the data like .0001 of your material unit so that no new sales order could not be created .

Once all the open order are closed than use cross distribution status field .