cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle core software rename

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have serious problem with oracle software... What I have done is, I had a SAP system B01 and for some reasons i want to change this to A01. This means that not only database name but also, i want the Oracle home to be chnaged to /oracle/A01/920_64 from /oracle/B01/920_64.

With the help of UNIX team, i have changed the mount points to /oracle/A01/920_64 and changed the referances in .profiles,.sapenv, .dbenv, listener,/etc/oratab,/etc/oraInst.loc, init.ora,initSID.ora.

when i tried to login as ora<sid>, i got a problem that oracle is unable to load libjox9.a with reason that file or path not found. I have added LIBPATH to /oracle/A01/920_64/lib: and lib32. Then it allowed me login to the database.

When i try to login as <SID>ADM , its not allowaing me to log into the database. its showing the error that libjox9.a couldnot be located.

MY QUESTION is DOES SAP ALLOW THIS SCENARIO? (COPYING ORACLE SOFTWARE or changing the home of exiting SOFTWARE)

Could you please help me with this?

PS: I have already changed the permissions of oracle executable with Sticky BIt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> MY QUESTION is DOES SAP ALLOW THIS SCENARIO? (COPYING ORACLE SOFTWARE or changing the home of exiting SOFTWARE)

Clear and simple: NO, this is not supported nor is it recommended.

There are way more fixed path dependencies than what one would expect at first sight!

Therefore, the only supported way is to reinstall the software into a new Oracle Home.

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

Thanks for the reply. So the only solution i have is to re-install new oracle software?? When I try to install inew ORACLE_HOME i am getting below error

**** Error Dialog: There was an error during loading library : generalQueries ****

and .err file has below contents

oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifb.OiifbCancelException: java.io.IOException: error in opening zip file

at oracle.sysman.oii.oiis.OiisCompContext.doQuery(OiisCompContext.java:2318)

at Components.oracle.swd.jre.v1_3_1_0_0.CompContext.getCalculatedValueObject_PROD_HOME(CompContext.java:384)

at Components.oracle.swd.jre.v1_3_1_0_0.CompContext.getCalculatedValueObject(CompContext.java:231)

at oracle.sysman.oii.oiis.OiisCompContext.getCalculatedValue(OiisCompContext.java:612)

at oracle.sysman.oii.oiis.OiisProdHomeVar.getCalculatedValue(OiisProdHomeVar.java:199)

at oracle.sysman.oii.oiis.OiisVariable.setVariable(OiisVariable.java:1353)

at oracle.sysman.oii.oiis.OiisProdHomeVar.computeVarValue(OiisProdHomeVar.java:311)

at oracle.sysman.oii.oiis.OiisCompInstallation.calculateProdHome(OiisCompInstallation.java:609)

at oracle.sysman.oii.oiis.OiisCompInstallation.initContext(OiisCompInstallation.java:325)

at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstallSession$CompInit.initComp(OiicInstallSession.java:1379)

at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstallSession$CompInit.run(OiicInstallSession.java:1307)

I git struck with this during pre-requisite checker phase itself. Kindly Suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, Interestingly Application is running fine after the ORACLE_HOME change. R3trans works fine. All actions which use OPS$ mechanism to login into the database works perfect

Only <SID>ADM is unable to do sqlplus '/ as sysdba' or when we suppy a user or password. Cant we fix this with re-installing the software?

Guys, I am running out of ideas,,, Kindly HELP ME

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since Lars mentioned that this is not supported, I would stop and just reinstall the Oracle software..

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Could please suggest on the other error i have posted regarding new installation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you post the output of: Can you post the output of: select owner, table_name from dba_tables where table_name = 'SAPUSER'

Former Member
0 Kudos

select owner, table_name from dba_tables where table_name = 'SAPUSER'

2 ;

OWNER TABLE_NAME

-

-

OPS$P11ADM SAPUSER

OPS$A11ADM SAPUSER

OPS$ORAA11 SAPUSER

SQL>

P11 is the name of old database. Should I drop this user?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You said your SAP system name is A01, right? In that case, you should create an OPS$ user for this.

Don't forget to run the sapdba_role.sql to set the user permissions.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I have two systems, A01 and A11 where i am facing the same problem.

A11 is a copy of P11. I have attached the log of A11.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, in that case you can delete the P11 user, but it doesn't harm if you leave it there..

So R3trans -d with the adm user is working, but sqlplus '/as sysdba' isn't, right?

Have you ran sapdba_role.sql to set the correct permissions?

And check the user environment if there are still variables that point to the previous SID.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to the other suggestions:

Is your <sid>adm user a member of group dba?

That being said, I agree with all those replies that say it would be easier to do a fresh install and a homogeneous system copy afterwards.

You may be able to overcome all the problems. But I doubt that it's worth it.

Just my 2 eurocent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joe,

SIDADM is part of sapsys,oper,dba.

R3trans -d works fine. Now, will run sapdbarole and give a try. I am on 4.6C, can I still use the same script?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, just the script that is located in the kernel directory.

Regards,

Mark

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Run a relink all with the oracle user.

And change all environment files of the Oracle and SAP users.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per Lars, relink should fail as <SID>ADM will still dont get the file. However, i will give a try

Thanks