cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog export results in -9111 Move error

simon_matter
Participant
0 Kudos

I have an instance which I'd like to transfer to a new server via loader but doing the catalog export I get this error in KnlMsg:

Thread  0xCA6 Task    128  2010-04-15 07:25:50 ERR MOVECODE   20011:  Bad parameter: source size [32768] dest size [8192], source addr [0x180d9998]+27, dest addr [0x671f120]+27, 14950 bytes to copy; module VAK15 , pos 24,_FILE=VAK15 ,_LINE=24
Thread  0xCA6 Task    128  2010-04-15 07:25:50 ERR SYSERROR   51080:  -9111 Move error

This happens on 7.7.06.09 and also on 7.7.07.16. I guess there is some corruption in the DB but because it works well apart from export we didn't find it out. Any ideas how to find what is wrong or how to work around the issue?

Thanks,

Simon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

steffen_schildberg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No action for a long time and change requests mentioned in answer

simon_matter
Participant
0 Kudos

Once we try the 7.8 upgrade I'll report how it works for us.

0 Kudos

Hi,

we're running version 7.8.01.18 and still getting this error when doing a 'DELETE FROM <table>' on certain tables.

Any news an this topic ?

Thanks and best regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

for some unknown reason, the correction mentioned was done for exactly one code-path (7.7.05.xx), nowhere else.

WHY this was done by the colleague, I cannot say and as he left us, cannot ask.

Now we have to do the correction in as many code-paths as possible.

This will not help you at the moment, I know.

But, please be assured that your database is correct. It is the kernel-code, which isn't.

Sorry for the inconveniences,

Elke

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> This happens on 7.7.06.09 and also on 7.7.07.16. I guess there is some corruption in the DB but because it works well apart from export we didn't find it out. Any ideas how to find what is wrong or how to work around the issue?

Hi Simon,

this is a known bug (PTS 1152792 - not public!) and should have been fixed in both versions.

Is this a SAP system ? If yes, you should open a support message, so that we can analyze this in detail.

regards,

Lars

simon_matter
Participant
0 Kudos

>

> > This happens on 7.7.06.09 and also on 7.7.07.16. I guess there is some corruption in the DB but because it works well apart from export we didn't find it out. Any ideas how to find what is wrong or how to work around the issue?

>

> Hi Simon,

>

> this is a known bug (PTS 1152792 - not public!) and should have been fixed in both versions.

> Is this a SAP system ? If yes, you should open a support message, so that we can analyze this in detail.

>

> regards,

> Lars

Hi Lars,

thanks for your message! This is not a SAP system.

You said it should have been fixed in our versions, does it mean the problem is now in our database and the fix doesn't help us? How can we correct the situation?

Thanks,

Simon

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Hi Lars,

>

> thanks for your message! This is not a SAP system.

> You said it should have been fixed in our versions, does it mean the problem is now in our database and the fix doesn't help us? How can we correct the situation?

Actually: I've no idea!

I never came across this issue and barely understand the bug description.

Some very internal memory-structure handling does not work as it should is all I can tell.

So, I guess the only chance is to wait for the developer until (s)he has time to check what's up with this bug.

regards,

Lars