cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to put filename of sender message in the Alert?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement that if the outbound FTP fails to send the file, an Alert should be sent to recepients which has the subject "File [filename] failed to transfer."

How can I achieve this? How do I get the filename of the sender message?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way not to use BPM?

When transfer of message from PI to receiver fails? I need to get the filename.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to have a BPM for this.

the outbound FTP fails to send the file

How to do this? .... in the BPM your Send step should be configured to receive Transport Acknowledgement (refer a blog by Michal)....in the Exception Branch you should have a Throw Alert step which will have a Custom message.

This message will not go as a subject....but will be in the Body of the alert email/ message.

Before the message gets processed in the BPM you should make sure that you extract the FILENAME in some field and then into the alert message (again a blog by Michal on how to do this)

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement that if the outbound FTP fails to send the file, an Alert should be sent to recepients which has the subject "File filename failed to transfer."

S u can do it.

Please go through these..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00e97ba2-85ce-2b10-20bc-bc05cd17...

and

http://ww.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/AlertConfiguration/AC3.html

also

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

If FTP is not sending the data, then your interface is not triggered in PI.

In that case, there will not be any process triggered and so you cannot capture the alert.

But if your requirement is like this, that if file sent by FTP throws any error while getting processed in PI, then

you can use BPM to capture that alert.

In BPM, use control step for this and you can have alert in whichever subject line you want.

-Tanaya.