cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay step in MDM Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Is there a way to enforce a delay between two steps in MDM Workflow?

The problem that I'm facing is that there are two syndications happening at around the same time, both using the same objects, resulting in the second iDoc failing since the first iDoc has locked the object. I do not want any manual intervention step in between, nor want to change the Auto Syndication Task Delay parameter in mdss.ini (since there are other workflows which would be affected by this). Is there any other work around which I could employ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Anil Madhavan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

I am not sure about what MDM version you are working. So, Please check SAP Note Number: 1321795 : MDM 5.5 SP06 Patch05 Release Note and Note 1329424 - SAP NetWeaver MDM 7.1 SP02 Release

These clearly says that "Following Enhanced in Data Manager: Wait step has been added to the workflow design. This allows the workflow to wait until a preset time according to a literal date or time field."

I have never tried using wait step myself, but I think adding this step should solve your problem.

Please check and revert with your findings.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is quite possible using WAIT step between two Workflow steps.

Use an assignment on GMTimeStamp field type to set the time interval in Wait step.

BR,

Alok Sharma

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

Another option would be to syndicate the whole record in one go and then split into different IDoc messgae type say IDOC1 and IDOC2 and post to ECC.

The splitting can be done in XI using different IDoc structure and defining the rules for splitting.

The function module used for posting IDOC2 can be customiyed to check if IDOC1 type has been posted for the same object, based on an unique identifier in both the IDOCs (MATNR for Material master object)

Let me know if this solves the requirement.

Ravi