cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why the every time Empty view is created. what is the use of Empty view?

KiranJ
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hai Experts,

im working on Web Dynpro ABAP i have doubt when ever we create the component One window and

one View created by default.but logicaly one empty view also created (not physically).

can u please explain me why the empty view is created what is the usde of it.

this is not a interview question .i searched the forums i cant get answer.

Thanks in adv.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

EmptyView is a dummy object. It doesn't actually exist. It only signals the framework to skip processing for this view. It is more efficient than having an actual view with no UI elements. One common usage is when you have a TabStrip. You can embed the EmptyView along with the actual view inside a ViewContainer of each tab. That way for all the currently non-Visible tabs you can trigger the EmptyView to be the default - thereby skipping any rendering for the non-visible tabs.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

KiranJ
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank q u Jung.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

empty is not a mandatory thing in webdynpro component .. but to get the perfect picture about the importance and usage of this Empty views and Empty windows. * i suggest you to check the statefull stateless webdynpro componet and relate the same*

pl find the same in below URL:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_NW70EHP1core/helpdata/en/e0/202d4108f08739e10000000a1550b0/content.htm]

hope it helps you,

Regards,

Kranthi.