cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to system messages in AS JAVA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I like to know how to send the system messages in as java.For eg: In ABAP stack we are sending the messages by calling the traction code: sm02 like that.So in as java what is procedure to send the messages.Please,give me step by step details to send the messages.

Will be appreciated...

Thanks.

Reddy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Anto_
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can change what is displayed on the logon screen when you enter some text into the file umLogonPage.jsp which you find in the directory

/usr/sap/ /JC##/j2ee/cluster/server0/apps/sap.com/com.sap.security.core.admin/servlet_jsp/logon/root

But you have to enter it in html coding (that's important when you need breaks or special characters, etc.)

If you have several server nodes you have to change it seperately for each one.

Regards,

Anto
p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

There is no such option for system message in as java portal...you can create custom system message in the portal.

please try to search broadcast message in the portal. and refer to /people/prakash.singh4/blog/2005/04/28/brodcast-messages-to-logged-on-users-in-portalpart1 and /message/6189013#6189013 [original link is broken]

hope it helps

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I have seen the blog and it looks like difficult to broadcast the messages to the active users in the portal.

Now I'm using the EHP1 As Java system can you please tell me any possiblity to broadcast the messages in this version.I mean to say any options to send the messages to the active users in the portal or like to follow the exact process which is in the blog which you have suggested.

Actually,like to know the step by step process to broadcast the messages in the portal.

Thanks,

Reddy

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

You can broadcast message to the active users by using below threads for "Brodcast messages to logged on users in Portal" Part1 and Part2. there is step-by-step solution mentioned in the blog:-

Development

/people/prakash.singh4/blog/2005/04/28/brodcast-messages-to-logged-on-users-in-portalpart1

Configuration in portal

>Actually,like to know the step by step process to broadcast the messages in the portal.

/people/prakash.singh4/blog/2005/04/28/brodcast-messages-to-logged-on-users-in-portalpart2

OR you can display message using KM iview with HTML files/devlop in forma Builder in KM.

Hope ie helps

Regards

Arun