cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to connect to backend system in Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I was hoping someone could help, quickly!!

We are having an issue with transporting our VC model. We are on VC 7.0 SP17

I created a model in our development environment using a variable input form and adding the value help feature. After we deploy in our dev environment the model looks perfect!!!

We transported the VC model as an iview through the portal and we get a Failure to connect to back end system error. We ruled out that it is not a transport problem using the portal.

Can someone help!!

Thanks so much, Anna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anna,

Please check the log files Default Trace. if think there is sope problem with system object for visua composer model...Please verify system object used for vc model iview in dev system and portal where you have transported.

Hpe it helps

Regards

Arun

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Again,

Thanks for both of your response, however, there is nothing in the log files andt we still have the Application error message, failure to connect to backend system.

We were able to bypass the error and the model starts to "semi-function" - but we cannot access the characteristic through value help, we just get empty drop downs. We all have the proper authorization in BI....

Do you think there is a permission problem in the back end portal?

Hopefully you can help.

Thanks so much, Anna

Former Member
0 Kudos

System Administration -> System Configuration -> Portal Content -> ... -> the backend system you defined, let's say BP1

-> right click on the object -> Permission

Add expected user group here and give it read under Administrator column & check the column "End User"

or you read SAP Note 986641

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check one thing, the environment to which you have transported to,should be connected to the 'Dev System'.

Else first change system to 'that environment' in devlopment only, then deploy model & then transport.

Example - If you are transporting from --- DEV to PRD then PRD should have connection to DEV. (IF PRD has connection to PRD)

Change the system to PRD in dev itself & then deploy & transport the model.

Otherwise you will get the same error.I hope this is what you are looking for, if not then please let me know.

Regards

Sandeep