cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Sales orders in 1 delivery require 1 invoice per sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day all,

Our current process utilizes order combination to pack multiple sales order into 1 delivery to reduce freight costs. We have found a drawback to this is that the billing document is being created only for the delivery which shows all of the sales order info but our customers require a billing document for each PO(Sales Order) as the current billing document makes it difficult for them to process. Is there a way to tweak SAP to allow this to occur, packing multiple sales order per delivery but billing is maintained per each sales order. I have search the forums for a while and I have not found an appropriate solution. Thank you for your assistance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you should use T-code VTFL and at item level ,cheking "Data VBRK/VBRP"field

Hope that help you

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you to all of the replies. I am looking at the copy controls and we will be able to take the necessary actions to correct thi issue using tcode VTFL. Again thanks to everyone for the assistance. Great Forum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, can you share the solution you adopted. Did you need a development or use a standard routine.

Thanks

Hemant

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can create single sales invoice for multiple P.O no's in sales order but prereuisites as below

Check the copy control configuration in the VTFL for the field"Reference number== should be blank".

Then system will do create SIngle Sales invoice for Multiple P.O no 's maintained in the sales order

if you have any further clarifications let me know

check th ebelow link

Regards

Damu

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I have search the forums for a while and I have not found an appropriate solution.

Really surprised over this comments !!!!!!!!

Standard SAP creates billing split from the preceding document, if any of the following differs.

a) Payer

b) Billing Date

c) Foreign Trade Data

d) Credit Control Area

e) Exchange Range (in case of export scenario)

f) Actual GI Date from delivery

g) Payment Term

h) Inco Term

i) ITC Code (subject to specific routine)

j) Item Division (subject to specific routine)

So if any of these differs in your sale order, definitely it get split and of course, this depends on what routine you maintained in copy control VTFL for the field "Data:VBRK/VBRP".

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am slightly surprised that your system is allowing you to combine deliveries where sales orders have different PO's.

Be that as it may, I think that the answer here is to bill the individual sales orders instead of the delivery.

All that you should need to do is ensure that there is an order-related billing type maintained in the sales order type. From a process point of view, you would then create many sales orders and one delivery but then instead of billing the delivery (as you currently do), you would bill the individual sales orders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But if the order related billing is done then the freight charges wont be accounted.

So my take on this issue would be to go for Delivery related billing but use the Invoice split functionality and go for a custom development to tweak the system by split criteria being placed on PO Numbers.

Regards,

Mukund