cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI for vendor contact persons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to write a program which uploads the vendor contact person in MM01.

I am told to use BAPI for this

Which BAPI should I use?

Regards,

Jyothishree C P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is for change general contact "BAPI_ADDRESSORG_SAVEREPLICA" & for creation you have to use BDC.

Edited by: SnehaU on Apr 27, 2010 10:09 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

The below FM'scall the standard transactions via a call transaction and make the process online. (might not be useful for you to create programmatically as the call transaction in the below FM's cannot be manipulated for background).

BAPI_PARTNEREMPLOYEE_CREATE

BAPI_PARTNEREMPLOYEE_EDIT

BAPI_PARTNEREMPLOYEE_DISPLAY

1) However, to make it automated programatically, I would suggest you for a BDC program (recording SHDB). or

2) Using the Class VMD_EI_API which contains a method to update vendor master data (Menthod MAINTAIN) which has input parameter IS_MASTER_DATA containing a table of structure VMDS_EI_MAIN (Structure VMDS_EI_CONTACTS (VMDS_EI_VMD_CONTACTS))). This would take care of maintaining the link of contact person and vendor.

All the Best!

Franklin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just a few additional informations.

the 3 BAPIs above are quite useless in regards to the original topic.

Also the contact person maintenance from VMD_EI_API has been introduced quite lately. It is part of ECC 2005 EhP3.

As a confirmation, there is no BAPI to maitain customer or vendors.

The only solution is batchinput or VMD_EI_API and CMD_EI_API..

Good luck

Alain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you mean MM01 for material master data creation? Could you tell me, where you can put vendor data there?

I ask, because as far as I know, in SAP the link between vendor and material is in material info record (ME11).

Can you clarify?

thanks,

w.