cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BC Set Release Not Valid during Retrofit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to process a Retrofit between 2 ECC systems. My Maintenance Dev system is on SAP_BASIS component 701 and my Implementation Dev system is on 700. This is causing inconsistency in the BC Set (system is saying the software component is not current with that of the BC Set).

When processing the retrofit, right at activation the system is giving me the error Invalid release when activation BC Sets. Here is the long text.

Message Number: SCPR459

Diagnosis

You tried to activate one or more BC Sets, but one or more of them has a release validity which is not valid in the activation system.

System Response

The activation procedure is cancelled, without writing data into the system. If you are activating several BC Sets, those with valid releases are not activated either.

Procedure

Check the current release of the software component, and the release range of the BC Sets. Only activate valid BC Sets.

The only thing I found related is note 649918 but it doesn't seem to provide a solution.

I can manually override the 701 release to 700 in SPR3 in my Impl Dev system, but when I continue to process the retrofit it will change it back to 700 on its own.

Any ideas?

Edited by: SolManiac on Apr 14, 2010 8:46 PM

Edited by: SolManiac on Apr 14, 2010 9:51 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you manage to resolve the issue?

I am having the same issue - also during a retrofit.