cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Properties - Binding - None/ Normal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I was wondering whats the difference between - Binding types None and Normal in the Object palette.

I was facing a peculiar issue of some users not been able to view some fields values on the form. These fields (though filled out) appear as blank for those users. I initially thought it could have been a adobe reader version issue but apparently not.

Now I have narrowed down to the fact that all the fields that are coming up as blank for those users have been giving a binding - NONE. The other fields were are binding to some context field, are coming up with their respective value.

So I am wondering if I should change the binding of these fields to Normal. However before that, if anyone can give me a clear distinction between the Normal and None binding, it would be of great help!

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards, Liz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I tried a trail and error approach to solve this issue. There were 2 solutions -

1. bind each of the fields to some sap field (table fields are no exception)

2. or use normal binding

the bottom line is that I had to bind each of these fields to something.. somehow it had a problem with -none. I still dont know why this error occured; but here is the solution though.

Thanks all for your inputs!

Liz

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have never seen an example where Normal binding was useful or something. I always use None or set up the binding. But I have heard there are like two types of binding: explicit and implicit, maybe there it is useful? From my point of view: I use None as a default and ignore Normal every time.

Regards Otto

scott_stefanich
Active Participant
0 Kudos

From the Adobe LiveCycle ES2 help article "Structuring data for performance",

"You can use subforms to group and organize objects without binding the subform to a data element. To prevent Forms ES2 from searching for a data element for the subform when merging data, change the subform's data binding type from the default value of Normal to None."

The main benefit of changing from Normal to None is getting rid of the yellow warning triangles in the form designer