cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC not working from 4.7 to Solution manager 7.0 ehp1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have added a R/3 system to solution manager 7.0 Ehp1 . RFC from solution manager to 4.7 system is working . .But RFC from 4.7 system to solution manager is not working. connect test is successful . But authorization test is failed, it is saying "you are not authorised to log on target system. error code 0."

I think it is the problem due to non-unicode to unicode system.

if i am correct, can anyone tell ,is there any special settings for this..

Thanks,

Shashi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Everyone,

>

> I have added a R/3 system to solution manager 7.0 Ehp1 . RFC from solution manager to 4.7 system is working . .But RFC from 4.7 system to solution manager is not working. connect test is successful . But authorization test is failed, it is saying "you are not authorised to log on target system. error code 0."

>

> I think it is the problem due to non-unicode to unicode system.

>

> if i am correct, can anyone tell ,is there any special settings for this..

>

>

> Thanks,

> Shashi

Hi Shashi,

The probability is high that you are trying to test a TRUSTED RFC connection from the satellite system to Solution Manager or vice a versa

In this case, it is mandatory that the userid's in both the systems are exactly identical and have the authorizations for the objects S_RFC and S_RFCACL. The authorization objects need to be assigned in both the systems ( satellite and Solution Manager ).

Secondly please note that in WAS 700 and above passwords are case sensitive.

Regards

Amit

Edited by: Amit Devale on Apr 15, 2010 3:37 PM

ken_halvorsen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I had the same problem.

Change the passwords for the users to ALL Capitals, and it should work.

Meaning you have to log in with that user and change the existing password to SOMETHING in capital letters.

Ken

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Shashi

To my knowledge Solution Manager has a few RFCs depending on the scenario

Furthermore these RFCs are used by Solution Manager to monitor or logon the satellite systems

but not usually the other way around - a failed test from satellite system to Solution Manager

may indicate a problem but its not clear why this test is being conducted or what the required results are

in this case - if we look at say Central System Administration RFC - this allows customers to RFC straight

into a transaction on a satellite system - but not necessarily vice versa - i.e a user on the satellite

may not be able to RFC straight into Solution Manager Central System Administration.

At the same time users defined in RFCs may not be dialog users - they may be RFC users and not

fit for direct dialog logon purposes

Ideally check that the Solution Manager scenario that uses this RFC works are required

If it does not work as required or throws a similiar error then certainly there may be a problem communicating

back to the Solution Manager - certainly check RFC user authorizations and also firewall rules for outbound communication

from the target satellite server and inbound to Solution Manager should be checked

Similiarly an authorization test in SM59 may reveal more details about this issue

Best wishes

Stuart

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Everyone,

>

> I have added a R/3 system to solution manager 7.0 Ehp1 . RFC from solution manager to 4.7 system is working . .But RFC from 4.7 system to solution manager is not working. connect test is successful . But authorization test is failed, it is saying "you are not authorised to log on target system. error code 0."

>

> I think it is the problem due to non-unicode to unicode system.

Check for dumps (transaction ST22) in the Solution Manager system. Very likely, the RFC access has caused a dump stating with authorization is missing (probably, authorization for a specific function group are missing).

Best regards,

Ruediger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

Thanks for a quick reply .

I am using a usename and password. and that user exists in another system.

Thanks,

Shashi

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

is the password of the user correctly entered in the RFC?

Is the RFC set up with YES for Trusted System in the Trusted System/logon screen status area?

Regards,

Raquel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shashi,

Please verify that the username/password are correctly entered in the RFC and that the user is not locked in the system you are connecting to. Do you have the same user in both your systems?

Thanks,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shashi,

Check in SM59 > ABAP Connections > Find the RFC in question and double click in it. Click on Logon & Security and see if the Current User has a checkmark on it. If it does, ensure that the user you are using exist in SU01 of the other system. Otherwise, see if a username/password filled out, see that information is correct in the other system. Please make sure not both the username/password and the Current User aren't used at the same time.

Hope this helps you out!

Thanks,

Mark