cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Specific catalog UI configuration - Custom catalog user role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We need different user specific layout settings for each user. i have duplicated catalog user role for each user and maintained specific named search for that particular user in constraint. but when we want to configure specific layout for individual user. its not showing that catalog user in the catalog config UI for the layout configuration. please advice. if it shows that specific user then we would configure each specific user layout with individual look and feel ( like shopping lists, search fields, images, etc., ). thanks for your inputs.

Your help would be highly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered!! Thanks SRMUSER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you recall what fixed the issue? I have a similar situation and everything appears to be set up as required.

Thanks,

Keith

former_member181958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Smartsoft General user,

I guess you are on SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0

We have the same business scenario as yours. Its working perfectly for us.

1. Donot copy Catalog User role. SRM-MDM UI Config only accepts users assigned under std Catalog User role. You dont need mutiple copies of Catalog user role, anyways it wont work.

2. Create multiple webservices for each Named search. Provide one User (like User1, User2...or your own created ones) and one Named Search as following parameters in each webservice.

http://<your server:port>/SRM-MDM/SRM_MDM

username User<n>

password <password>

server <your server>

repositoryType M ( for Master ) S (for Slave) - Make sure you are pointing to right repo if you have master/slave

catalog <provide Repository name- make sure you are giving right repository name, I provided it wrong first time>

port <your port>

uilanguage SY-LANGU

datalanguage SY-LANGU

mask < keep blank if you want dynamic search>

namedsearch <Provide exact Named search name as you provided in Data Manager>

HOOK_URL

returntarget _parent

If you are creating 5 different Named searches, create 5 different webservice definitions as above.

3. Now for each Catalog user, you can perform separate search UI layout as you wish.

Let me know if this helps or have any questions. If this worked for me, we will make it work for you.

~Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I undestood correctly, you created multiple 'Catalog User' account in MDM console. Then you created seperate namedsearches in DataManager. Then you configured seperate catalog id using named searches.

Now you are trying to define different Webdynpro GUI layouts for SRM MDM Catalog UI. You should see all the users in the dropdown list with "Default" being selected by default. Are you saying you are not seeing your catalog users in that list?

You may want to try giving 'UI Configurator' or 'Catalog Manager' role and see if you can see the users in the list.

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you are right, i have created custom catalog roles using "Catalog User" Role, By duplicating. created users for these roles.Assigned created named searches to each of these roles and configured webservice ids with user id's.

Now my requirement is, how do i configure search UI for individual users. Its not displaying these users in the dropdown box. i know drop-down list box would only show users with "catalog user" system std role, how do i configure to show users with custom catalog user role. i hope u understand.

Ex: User1 -

Role --- Catalog User Role

Cus_User1 -

Role --- Cust_Catalog_Role ( Duplicated Catalog User Role ) - Assigned Named Search

Thanks in Advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see your problem. Webdynpro Search UI administration is picky about role names. We tried to copy the UI Administrator role and use that role to do configuration and it did not allow.

I believe it is looking for the SAP supplied roles only.

Two options.. 1. Define your users with standard Catalog User role. 2. Open a OSS message with SAP and see if they can fix it.

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your instand reply,

I tried using STD Catalog User role, but i cannot able to restrict items by Named search, becuase as you know we can only restrict items by role contraints right? By Giving Named Search in Role's Contraint section. if that is the case ..how do we restrict items by users?

Thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see.. So, you defined only one WebService for the MDM Catalog and passing the userid?

If you created multiple catalog definitions in SRM (one for each namedsearch), the namedsearch should work fine. I will also lookup on how to link user role to namedsearch.

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have configured 20 webservice ids , each webservice configured with seperate user with seperate MDM catalog custom role assigned to specific named search. thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. You do not need seperate roles. As long as your namedsearches are different that is sufficient. Namedsearch is a filter on the data.

All you need is different webservice ids with different userids. All the users could have Catalog User and you could specify different look and feel that way. The Namedsearch is not user or role dependent. It applies to entire data in Catalog items. You can specify "namedsearch" parameter in catalog call structure.

SG

Edited by: SRMUSER123 on Apr 15, 2010 1:18 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

But i have tested with normal catalog users assigning named search in web service id, it would not displayed any items.

let me check it again.

Thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, Its displays all catalog items even i jave restricted with named search and used User1 User with Std. Catalog user assigned to it. i have used following web service defintion.

http://<Server>:<Port>/SRM-MDM/SRM_MDM

username User1

password password

server <Server_Name>

catalog <Repository>

port <Port>

named search <Named_Search>

datalanguage SY-LANGU

uilanguage SY-LANGU

HOOK_URL

Thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use "namedsearch" without space.

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Luck ... It still shows all items...Thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is weird.. We have multiple catalogs on the same SRM MD Catalog with the same userid and with different namedsearches.

Are you sure the Namedsearch is working fine? Can you give your call structure?

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is there..in above post..anyway i'm posting it again

http://<Server>:<Port>/SRM-MDM/SRM_MDM

username User1

password password

server <Server_Name>

catalog <Repository>

port <Port>

namedsearch <Named_Search>

datalanguage SY-LANGU

uilanguage SY-LANGU

HOOK_URL

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Double check if the namedsearch is setup correctly in MDM. If not, I would recommend opening a message with SAP as this should work.