lars_ruhnau2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

my first experiences with the new SAPGUI 7.20 from a developers point of view:

- nice UI with interesting views of the connections

- nice feature: brackets round the cursor position

but

- the first time, I opened a program in the new editor, there was no syntax highlighting, the whole code was black on grey/white. I realised that every personal option which I have saved has been reset (code completions, fonts). It seems to be a good idea to save the editor options before upgrading.

- the new ABAP editor has less options in its option dialog:

- autocorrection is missing (under formatting)

- I miss the option for keyword inserting; the option to decide, whether keywords are inserted in upper or lower case by code completion. I always write ABAP code in lower case and loved the option to automatically insert keywords in upper case. (editor help is not updated).

- when I'm using the editor, the cursor switch doesn't work properly. I.e. the arrow does not switch to a line when I move the mouse inside the editor control or back (sometimes I had an hourglass instead of an arrow)

- I installed 7.20 over a 7.10 (compilation 4). When uninstalling the Frontend Installer still wants to uninstall the version 7.10 compilation 4 ...

- I still miss a copy function for connection entries

- a Drag&Drop feature of a connection to a shortcut would be nice (D&D is only active for favorites, shortcuts have to be maintained manually)

So far and enough with grumping.

regards

Lars

What are your impressions/experiences?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anthony_lizot
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found a problem with the new Gui.

In the ABAP editor, when I'm using the template to generate an internal structure from some fields of a DDIC table, when I'm using the search function to find a field and I choose a found field, the cursor stay, or goes, on the first checkbox of the field list and not on the checkbox of the chosen field.

That make me spend more time to find the fields I need to generate. -_-"

lars_ruhnau2
Explorer
0 Kudos

When I use the search/replace function in the new abap editor and press "Cancel" when finished, the system switch to another windows task (I think, the last used task before the editor was used, e.g. browser, another SAPGUI mode, ...) and I have to switch back with Alt+Tab. Really annoying.

Lars