Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EarlyWatch Alert Report for SOL

corinne_lofts
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Weekly EarlyWatch reports were set up some time ago for all our systems except our Solution Manager system.

I am following the instructions from http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/2f/de3316e1fc425080f83c718bec41de/frameset.htm

and I am getting stuck on the following: "Create New Service Session"

Select solution_manager

Select Solution Monitoring

Select EarlyWatch Alert

Select Operations

from there I am supposed to see a "Create" button but nothing appears.

I have got the "Create" or "Delete" button as well as a list of already set up servies if I go to a different solution already set up (XI and ERP)

I have double checked/compare the settings under "Setup EarlyWatch Alert > operations Setup" between working solutions and my Solution covering SOL and everything is set up the same.

Also I have temporarly logon with SAP_ALL to exclude any potential authoirsation issues but still the same.

No OSS Note found so far regarding the missing button.

Has anyone come accross this one before or can give me direction?

Thank you

Coco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Coco,

First of all are you creating a brand new EWA for SOL?

If so you want to place it into a logical that you assign to a solution.

In DSWP you select that Solution. The Solution that contains SOL.

Then you go into "Operations Setup" and click Setup EarlyWatch.

Then you configure the EarlyWatch Alert

If you are placing SOL in an existing solution, that has already been set up for EWA, then once it is placed in thjat solution, if its already setup for EWA, then it should automatically schedule an EWA for SOL in that solution. In "Operations" you have a create button to create a serivce session for systems in the Solution, of for the EWAFS (EWA for Solution), and you can schedule it for a date and time. But it will still be based on the SDCCN service session data collected weekly.

Its just that if you are already in a solution, like the one that containes XI and ERP, and in the operations context, unless SOL is added to the solution you can't add it in Operations.

So if you have added SOL to a SOlution and you have gone into it in Operations, there will be no options for anything...if you haven't first gone to Operations Setup and performed the EarlyWatch Setup.

I hope this information was helpful.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you trying to create an EarlyWatch report for your SOL system from your Solution System manually? I'm assuming that's what you are trying to do based on what I have understood.

If so, please follow these steps:

How to configure Early Watch Alerts (EWA) to run immediately.

- Go to Transaction DSWP

- Click on EarlyWatch Alert

- Click on Create

- Select the Service you want to create and click on create.

- Select a date and click on Confirm.

- You will get a session number. (Note This somewhere).

- Go to Transaction SDCCN.

- Click on create.

- Double click on REFRESH_SESSION

- In the Target RFC Destinations: Select the correct RFC

- Select Now and then click on Continue.

- You will get a Task number. (Note This somewhere).

- In the main window now you will see the Task Number you just created.

- You may refresh until the Session Number is filled in for the Task Number you had created.

- Once the Session Number is filled, highlight the line, from Edit Menu click on Start Now.

- This will start processing the report.

- Go back to Transaction DSWP - Operation - EarlyWatch.

- Click on the hourglass icon to the left of the EWA Report.

- Select Start Service Processing and click on OK.

- Once the Service Processing has completed you may view your EarlyWatch report.

On top of the documentation that you have shown, you can also visit the following link for a lot of valuable information on EWA reports:

http://service.sap.com/ewa

On top of this, please review the following document which also is great for setting up EarlyWatch Alerts on Solution Manager:

http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700001873212008E

Hope this helps you out!

Thanks,

Mark