cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi-

I am new to XI(infact even SAP) and iam having problem understanding proxies,I have followed one of the documents and created a proxy, then i double clicked on the implementing class,then it opened up another window and when i double clicked on the same class name it opened up a ABAP editor,Now my question is how do i send the fields that i get from XI to another program(a function module) which actually uses these fields.Is there a specific way i need to follow to access the fields that i am getting from XI.

Thanks

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the data from XI in Server ABAP proxy by using "input-datatypeName" provided by the generated proxy class.

Go thro this blog for further info

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies

regards,

P.Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkataraman-

Thank you for your reply, I tried that way and i am getting error, please click this link to see the structure of my inbound doc <a href="http://www.geocities.com/faqsap">Screen Shot</a>

and in my developing class inorder to get country1 from my input i have written the below code.

data venkat type string value '003'.

venkat = Input-Generic_Vendor-Generic_Vendor_Record1-Country1.

I am getting an error Field "INPUT-GENERIC_VENDOR-GENERIC_VENDOR_RECORD1-COUNTRY1" is unknown. It is neither in one of the specified tables nor defined by a "DATA" statement.

Can someone tell me where i am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone reply to my question,i am desperate for the answer. Thanks in advance

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Just check u r INPUT structure , maybe u r pointing to wrong nested structure for INPUT field in server proxy , also check whether u r server proxy along with it's all interfaces are activated or not .

Regards,

Keith.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

<i>>>data venkat type string value '003'.

venkat = Input-Generic_Vendor-Generic_Vendor_Record1-Country1.</i>

There is no data type String in ABAP.

Try

data: venkat type c.

C is datatype character which accepts upto 30 characters.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jesse.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venkat,

I just couldn't view your screenshot. I think geocities is down.

But i assume that you have some 0..unbounded structure and the final values within that. Any 0..unbounded element will be created as tabletype in the porxy classes. So you need to loop thro the table type and get the values. This is more of a Abap work, so you can raise the question in the ABAP Forum, "how to access data from ______" and give your structure. Once u get to know how to access, i think your scenario will be over.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

P.Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

ABAP Proxies are of two type :

1. Client proxy here we use execute_synchronous or execute_asynchronou method to send data to XI.

2. Server proxy here we write the code in the method of the generated class itself to receive data from XI . Once u receive data from XI u can pass it to any function module u want .

Regards,

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

You just need to call EXECUTE->SYNCHRONOUS or EXECUTE->ASYNCHRONOUS methode of the generated proxy class in your function module or in Program wherever you want.

Regards,

Alok