cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVDRE scaling / formatting problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem with the representation of my data in BPC Excel.

If I build input or report schedules and use the EVDRE() function, all data values are multiplied by the factor 10,000,000.

For example, I send the value "4,000" via an input schedule and refresh my worksheet afterwards. Then the workbook shows the value "40,000,000,000" instead of "4000". Nevertheless, the data value in the database itself is correct because if I retrieve the value via the EVGET() function I get the correct value "4,000".

I tried almost everything including different settings concerning cell formats, but the problem remains.

I appreciate your help very much!

Thanks,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

It use to happen some times due to some cache or some thing. Please try creating some other sheet with new EVDRE and check you are facing the issue.

Regards,

G.Vijaya Kumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes I was finally able to fix the problem.

The whole issue was due to the regional settings of Excel 2007 as well as of Windows XP.

When I got the wrong numbers I had my regional settings of the OS set to Germany and manually changed the settings of Excel to a '.' as decimal point and ',' as thousands delimiter.

Then I changed the regional settings of the OS to USA and set Excel to apply the regional settings of the OS. After this change, the issue was solved.

Hope this will fix your problem as well!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your response.

I tried different input schedules and reports (templates and manually created ones). Furthermore, I checked the cell format settings within the format section of the EVDRE() function. I also tried client options -> "Clear local application information" and "Refresh dynamic templates". But unfortunately the problem is still there...

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian XY,

I have the same problem.

Have you solve it?

Fabiola