cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mulitple PRT Assignment to Single Master Inspection Characteristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our scenario is that a single master inspection characteristic may have multiple PRT's assigned to it. This might be test equipment in a lab, which may have different calibration dates and other specific information that must be individually tracked.

The current system allows for multiple PRT's to be assigned at the task list operation level. For all operation 0010, I can assign mutliple PRT's, but the users need to know for which inspection characteristic the list of PRT's is used. It may only be a subset of the operation level listing.

I have suggested that they use inspection methods to contain this information, but the users are FDA regulated and are not keeping their SOP's in SAP - they are using Dokumentum, but are not linking that system to SAP. They are not comfortable with the dual maintenance of the specifications.

How can we manage multiple PRT's per master inspection characteristic and not lose visibility of tracking the PRT's usage?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your client want to use PRT entry for information purpose only and they don't want to use DMS/insp method function then I would suggest Info Field at MIC level in Inspection plan. Where they can enter multiple PRT at MIC level either at QP02 or QS23.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

PMPSMM - the characteristics are only recorded once, though that's a good suggestion.

Nehel - if this is a text only field, how would they report on usage?

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If client want to use multiple PRT number with ref to MIC for information purpose only then and then only I would suggest to use this field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nehal:

This would be a good idea if the user didn't need to report on the usage of the PRT. This is only a text field and is not reportable. They need to be able to track the usage on their PRT's related to the MICs.

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Becca,

Do you got any solution for this issue. I too face the same issue in another way. Client may use either an attribute gauge or a variable instrument. For me, I have to mention these two gauges against ne MIC. So at inspection time, client will be aware of two options. Also usage of both needs to be tracked.

Till this time, I got only one answer, that is as PMPSMM told, maintain same MIC two times and this is not acceptable to client (:

If you get any solution please update in forum.

Experts we are looking forward to get a solution to solve this.

Thanks

Vineeth Varghese

Former Member
0 Kudos

I once had a similar situation where I used the same characteristic on two lines - but my requirement called for two different results with two different PRT's. If your scenario allows for that, then this is what I would do.