Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPOSCOL on seperate dbhost

tomas_lindberg
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed sapccmsr and saposcol on an external dbhost (Oracle on AIX).

I'm able to access OS information from this host when going through our CEN and using OS07 from there, and choosing the sapccmsr connection entry,

However, when I logon locally to an application server in this system, I'm not able to access this information. in OS07, the database host is not available, only the application servers.

Is there anyway to automatically regenerate the saposcol entry in SM59/OS07 so that the remote dbhost os information can be read in the local system? I have removed the SAPOSCOL entry in SM59 and in AL15 based on info from other sites etc. but I'm not able to recreate it to work, perhaps it's not needed at all when dbhost is remote. The entry wasnt working anyway.

Thanks

Tomas

Edited by: Tomas Lindberg on Apr 14, 2010 4:52 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have sapccmsr99.dbhost RFC in your SAP system? Registering CCMSR automatically creates that entry in SAP.

In AL15 add that destination. Then it should be available in Os07.

Regards

Anindya

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

tomas_lindberg
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunny, I was afraid of that but then i know.

/Tomas

tomas_lindberg
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello and thanks for the replies.

I have registered sapccmsr, but only with our CEN (Central Monitoring System). There I'm also able to see the sapccmsr.dbhost.99 entry etc, meaning that from the CEN I can monitor and gather information from the dbhost without any problems.

My concern is that I want to access this information also from the local system where the dbhost is attached.

Do i need to register the sapccmsr agent to the local system as well, and if so, How can I do that?

Do I need to have an admin user and also a CSMREG user on the local system, and treat it as a additional CEN when registering the agent? I was hoping to avoid creating admin user and CSMREG user in the local system for this task.

Best Regards

Tomas

I have tried to manually add the sapccmsr.dbhost.99 entry in

SM59 on the local SAPSystem, and then added it into AL15, but when

choosing it, no information is available, since the RFC doesn't work.

I have made sure that the information in the sapccmsr.dbhost.99 entry

corresponds and points to the remote dbhost.

I'm using

"Start on explicit host" and Program <dbhost>.sapccmsr.99.

Targethost: <dbhost fully quialified dns name>

Error when doing a connection test is.

Connection error / CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPECMINIT' : cmRc=1 thRc=667#Exec failed

Edited by: Tomas Lindberg on Apr 15, 2010 10:43 AM

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This RFC will not work if you do the manual settings.

Also, if you want to monitor this database additionally on local system then you have to register ccmsr agent again for this system like you did for CEN without this it is not possible to monitor this system in local system.

Yes, you have to get CSRMEG user again for this local system.

Thanks

Sunny

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you registered sapccmsr agent ?

Check SAP Note 730629 - CCMS agents Java interface for registration

Thanks

Sunny