cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict key figure update in specific planning book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forgive me if this has been answered previously, I could not find it.

If we have planning area ZAPOXXX, and planning books ZAPOXXX_CUS, ZAPOXXX_SOP, ZAPOXXX_DP, ZAPOXXX_BG and ZAPOXXX_REL, and we desire to only allow key figures to be changed in ZAPOXXX_CUS, ZAPOXXX_SOP, ZAPOXXX_DP, but not allow them to be changed in ZAPOXXX_BG and ZAPOXXX_REL - how might we accomplish this?

It seem the c_apo_iobj only works at planning area level, not planning book level? And if you can update key figures for a planning area, you can update them for any planning books.

Are there any other methods besides authorizations that can be used to protect the key figs in specific planning books?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mary,

You can prevent Key figures from being updated at a Data View level using custom defined macros.

You can write a start macro whioch uses the function ROW_INPUT().

So If you want to, say, block KF1 from editing, then write a macro with a step:

ROW_INPUT( KF1 ) = 0

This will make the row for KF1 as read only.

Hope this helps,

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Abhi.

Do you think that restricting key figures in a planning book can not be accomplished using SAP authorization objects?

I think that is the case - but I want to be certain before suggesting the macro solution you have kindly provided.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Planning book you want to make the KF non editable, go to Design mode. Right click on the row (KF) and click "Output Only" this will make the KF read only.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Mani