Inbound Delivery: Inbound WHSCON IDoc with Batch Split - HowTo...?

We have another tricky problem to solve on our ERP 6.0 system.

My colleagues of Lindt UK create manually inbound deliveries (VL33N) which are replicated to the warehouse (DESADV IDoc -> TRADACOMS.ORDHDR).

When the goods arrive at the warehouse they send back a good receipts message (TRADACOMS.DLCHDR -> WHSCON IDoc).

In some cases we have a batch split because the goods have been put into different storage locations. Example:

- item 10: 200 Cases of product 4711, batch 10-2011, in storage location '0001' (free available for Sale)

- item 10: 5 Cases of product 4711, batch 10-2011, in storage location '0004' (damaged)

I am aware that in the inbound WHSCON item 10 is a main position and the two actual batch split positions are sub-items (900001 & 900002 with HIPOS = '10'). I tried to used E1EDL19-QUALF = 'BAS' (= batch split) with the sub-items but failed so far to update the inbound delivery that I can see the batch split.

I have managed to get one sub-item but not 2 of them. Somehow the system aggregates the quantities for both sub-items into the single item that shows up in the inbound delivery.

When we send the inbound delivery to the warehouse the item looks like this:

- item 10: 200 Cases (no batch yet, Putaway quantity = 0, because these data are coming from the warehouse).

QUESTION: Has anybody else been faced with a similar (if not identical) problem and how did you solve it?

Thanks a lot in advance for your valuable input.

Helpful Answer