cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event viewer logs showing "Transport error, Invalid Object referenced"

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to get some information on this warning displayed in the window application event viewer. The general consensus of opinion at BO support is that this is not a problem. I would agree with this if these were occurring intermittently, But we are seeing too many of them on site. Their source is the webintelligence processing servers which generate the errors when specific reports are retrieved. Investigations so far indicate that it may stem from universes which are structurally inconsistent with the database as it has been subsequently modified, unresolved loops, or there being no data to return in the report. However this is just speculatgion at the moment. I would appreciate any opinions from engineers who have investigated this matter and established some theories. It seems to be a generic type of error from the underlying Corba protocol. Any suggestion which reduces the occurrence will be gladly accepted

Edited by: Peter Gibbs on Apr 14, 2010 4:08 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

We are seeing the same thing. Your post caused me to look and sure enough, on average it appears about once an hour, sometimes more, we have the exact same error. From my initial hunch it is caused by scheduled reports that may be referencing objects that are changed or unvavailable, or some Universe issue as you mention, Although we have checked integrity in our Universe and all looks ok.

We do have a lot of scheduled reports that run regularly, so they may be the cause. Some are old and may refer to old invalid objects or something similar. It will be interesting to investigate this and see what it is related to. We have had other unidentified issues relating to scheduled reports and this server, so it will be helpful to figure out if this is related.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Wavery,

We are seeing it a lot more than that, sometimes up to 20 times per hour, it's not a show stopper just a slight irritation, and the IT team don't like it. but I think that it might be affecting performance adversely. It's probabaly relevant to mention that we have Windows 2003 clustered servers, with multiple ip addresses. The ip address we want to use is top of the list, but I am wondering if we should specify the ip address of the cluster in the host identifier section of the server properties field. Could this be the reason for all the warning that we're seeing ?