cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Scenario, multiple IDocs-single file using BPM is working fine in one system.

How to transport this to other system? There is not much time for lot of complicated transport process.

I am planning to create SLD systems manually, import Repository objects, and configure Directory manually. This way of transport will work fine? How it will connect Software Component (SWCV) in SLD with SWCV in Repository if I follow this method.

Thank you very much in advance.

Sree

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

>><i>How to transport this to other system? There is not much time for lot of complicated transport process.</i>

You can transport your SLD objects in two different ways - either by configuring the CMS system or by exporting-importing the SWComponents manually.

Ideally, you should be using CMS system but since you want to save time, you can transport manually.

>><i>I am planning to create SLD systems manually, import Repository objects, and configure Directory manually. This way of transport will work fine?</i>

Yes, this will work fine.

>><i>How it will connect Software Component (SWCV) in SLD with SWCV in Repository if I follow this method.</i>

When you transport the .tpz files from one IR to the other IR for the first time, it will create the software components in the new SLD.

The problem with manual transports is that every time you make any changes and want to transport these changes in all the corresponding SLDs, version conflicts might occur-and you need to be very careful while transporting the changes!

Regards,

Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rama,

Do you have a single SLD or Multiple SLD. First you will have to sync your SLD.

If you have one SLD , you need to make the Business system for Quality and map this to the corresponding DEv Business system in Transport Targets and then you can do the transports.

Regards

Vijaya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The transporting of XI objects in 2 ways:

1) CMS or

2) filesystem(import/export).

If using CMS we need to set the transport targets in the SLD. The rest of the communication channel parameters can be changed before the imported data is activated in the target system.

For R/3 proxies just the ABAP data needs to be transported to the production client.While importing the XI objects the XI adapter communication channel parameters(Target Host, client )need to be changed appropriately.

Links:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e1/69a740aa053a13e10000000a155106/content.htm">Transporting Using the Change Management Service</a>

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a8/5e56006c17e748a68bb3843ed5aab8/content.htm">Transporting Using the File System</a>

Best Regards,

Yallabandi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can use manually export and import, but you also can use CMS to transport development object.

you need to discuss with BC consultant regarding CMS.

thanks

venjamin