cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

importing taxonomy Attribute Values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have imported taxonomy attributes in MDM and need to assign vales to the attributes. EX: I have taxonomy attribute with name Color of type text. I have to assign values(RED,Green,Blue) to it through import manager. In the source xls file i have Field Text Values which contains the values and is mapped with the field Text value in the destination (Category [Text Values]) .

So if I import the values, it is adding as singlr text RED,Green,Blue. But i need it as 3 separate texts.

Regards,

Sandeep Reddy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Indeed, while initializing the taxonomy attribute values, such a source structure can not be used.

However, the initialization of the taxonomy attribute values can be done while importing main table records, in the manner I proposed.

Regards,

Hedda Cohen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hedda

I tried your work-around and and it worked perfect! Thank you

But the text values are imported as individual values only if the Text attribute is marked as multi-valued. Isn't there a way to import Text values as individual values with the attribute set as single valued?

Because I think that might be a requirement (load Text values as individuals even though they are provided as delimited texts) during Attribute table initial load. Is there a solution for this in the latest version SP07?

Regards

Deepika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is not required to change the source file structure.

Please follow these steps.

1. Make sure that in Configuration options the "Attributes Display" is set to "As multiple attributes.

2. Make sure that the attribute you are trying to import the multi values to is indeed defined as Multi Valued.

3. Before mapping the field, right click on the Source Fields pane in Map Fields/ Values tab, select Set Mapping Field Delimiter,

in the dialog set the delimiter. In your example it is ","

4. Map the source field to the correct attribute

5. Now, when you choose Add in the Value mapping pane, the values will be entered individually.

Best regards,

Hedda Cohen

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hedda,

I am little confused by your reply..

We are discussing Attribute text values import steps as part of repository initialization and not Main table data import with Attribute text values.

I think "Attributes Display" property "As multiple attributes can be used while importing main table data.

But while importing attribute text values reference data (*All possible text values of Attributes), even if we change attribute display property, it will not change destination structure of TAXONOMY [[TEXT VALUES]] table. And will not display attributes as multiple attributes. TAXONOMY [[TEXT VALUES]] table just have field with the name "Attribute Name" , Alias and Text values.

Please let me know if this is still possible to import all possible values of attributes text values from one row (as shown in below mentioned structure)

Attribute Name          Attribute Text Value
COLOR                  RED;GREEN;BLUE

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I think you need to change your source structure. This field value should come into three rows, i mean it should be like this

Attribute Values:

RED

Green

Blue

It should come into different row not into single row as Red, Green, Blue. However as we can do split into multiple-fields , we can't do it for split into multiple values so that's why i think you need to change your source structure for Attribute Values.

Please find the link how to import Attribute Values : http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8090941f-a5a7-2a10-3ba6-b4af5ec6d...

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I totally agree with Mandeep. Better you change structure of your source File and make it something like

Attribute Name        Attribute Text Value
Color                       RED
Color                       GREEN
Color                       BLUE

... and So on..

If you check the "how to import Attribute Values" document (*link given by Mandeep), on page no 11 it show source file had all text values for one attribute in a single row. But I am not clear how import of different text values from this file can be achieved.

Regards,

Shiv