cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make Lot-for-Lot work like Make-to-Order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using a Lot-for-Lot Strategy (Lot size EX) which lumps requirements (Sales Orders) on the the same date for the same material into 1 procurement proposal (Purchase Order/Planned Order) for the total quantity. We want to make this work like Make-to-Order but without using true Make-to-Order functionality. Basically we want to continue to use Lot size EX, but have it generate one proposal for each individual order and also have a linkage between the individual sales order and the individual PR/Planned Order.

I understand that this can not be done via standard SAP, but has anyone done this through other means (BAdI, enhancement points, different order type, etc). I would appreciate any feedback you have on how this could possibly work.

Thanks,

Kaci Murphy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lot for Lot (EX) will create unique orders for each individual requirement.

Please check your lot size settings and make sure the system is actually using EX lot size and not daily lot size.

Requirement type selected on 'sales order' can influence if a planned order created to satisfy a sales orders is pegged to it through account assignment object of sales order. In case of make-to-order, you want planned order to have exclusive account assignment of sales order.

Hope this helps.

Edited by: Srini Uppala on Apr 15, 2010 3:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sirni,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, the system is actually using EX lot size, it is set on the material master.

It will create unique orders for each individual requirement if they fall on different dates. If there are mutliple requirements on the same date it does not create unique orders, it lumps them into one total order qty. So it will only generate 1 order per date.

I need it to create separate orders for requirements all falling on the same date. It does not do this at this time and I have found much documentation within SAP that this does not work with Lot-for-Lot. Therefore I'm looking for some Userexit/BAdI or other work around to achive this goal.

Thanks,

Kaci

Answers (0)