cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error loading systabs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I just did a recovery with initialization for a MaxDB 7.6.05.15. After the recovery the database could not be set to online, because of a error with the system triggers (please have a look at note 1303323 - Missing system triggers prevent MaxDB starting). So I set ENABLE_SYSTEM_TRIGGERS" to "NO" and the system came up.

Now I am hanging at task three: Load the system tables

This breaks with a

-24964,ERR_EXECUTE: error in program execution

256,/sapdb/XXX/db/bin/x_python /sapdb/XXX/db/env/lsystab.py -R /sapdb/XXX/db -d XXX -u superdba,*

-

Traceback----

-

Error----

sql.SQLError: [-4008] (at 1) Unknown user name/password combination

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/sapdb/XXX/db/env/lsystab.py", line 202, in ?

connectAndInstall (install, install.__doc__)

File "/sapdb/XXX/db/env/installib.py", line 404, in connectAndInstall

session = connect (options)

File "/sapdb/XXX/db/env/installib.py", line 353, in connect

alterUserNotExclusive(options)

File "/sapdb/XXX/db/env/installib.py", line 341, in alterUserNotExclusive

session.release()

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'release'

so it seems, that there is a problem with the user superdba and its password

I can logon to the system using

dbmcli -d XXX -n server -u superdba,<iknowthepassword>

but loading the systab with load_systab or load_systab -u throws the erro written above.

When I try to set the password with (note 25591 - Changing the DBM, SYSDBA and DBA user passwords part 3)

user_put superdba password=<knownoldpassword>

I get a

ERR

-24988,ERR_UNKNOWN: unknown error

When I try to set the password with dbmgui I have to login as superdba (that works, because I know the password...) but I can't change the password for superdba, because of

-24988 SQL error [sql_error ALTER USER "SUPERDBA" TIMEOUT NULL COSTWARNING NULL COSTLIMIT NOTT NOT EXCLUSIVE ENABLE CONNECT];

-5001, Missing provilege: OWNER

It seems, that there is a difference in SQL password and DBM password ... but how to fix it?

At the moment I am thinking about a recovery with initialization setting ENABLE_SYSTEM_TRIGGERS before restarting the system ...

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you.

Best regards

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

-> Do you have the source database?

Do you know the password of the superdba user of the source database?

-> Please connect to the database as DBM user, run u201Cselect * from usersu201D and post the results.

-> After you run a recovery with initialization and restore the database from the backup,

you need to load the system tables with SYSDBA user and password of the source database.

-> You already had the reported issue in the past:

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Natalia, hello Lars,

I know that I had "something like this" before, thats why I already checked the thread you mentioned.

But I could not find anything in it that helped, because last time I really did not know the superdba password but the problem solved when I knew it.

This time I knew the password, but there was a difference between DBM and SQL (so I could login with user superdba to DBMGUI, but I could not change the password for this user on SQL level) if I am right. Maybe I missed something but I dont know what, so please help me. Because the things mentioned in the note for setting the superdba user password did not work ...

I could solve the problem with deleting the database, creating a new one using the password for superdba I knew, and a recovery with initialization from the existing backup. There was no problem with triggers or wrong password for sysdba anymore.

Thank you.

Best regards

Christian

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

-> To get clear on the reported issue it will be helpful to check the output of the SQL statement u201Cselect * from usersu201Dto see the database users. Also to check the users in the UPC containers with DBM commands u201Cuser_getallu201D, u201Cuser_get superdbau201D, u201Cuser_get controlu201D.

-> Itu2019s recommended to create the target database with DBM user, which is NOT SYSDBA

of the source database. After the recovery of the source databackup you will have the SYSDBA of the source database in the target database.

-> You already have the references to the SAP notes and database documentation in the old thread to gain more know how on the database user topic.

As itu2019s pointed in the SAP note 25591 and database documentation => Execute the following SQL statement to change the password of SYSDBA and DBA SQL users:

alter password <old passwort> to <new password>

After this statement, you must load the system tables so that the

new SYSDBA password is also maintained at DBM level (file: *.upc).

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Natalia,

with which user should I do this - superdba?

The user superdba could not login to a SQL session to use alter password, because of an unknown/destroyed sql password in the new database.

As mentioned before, I tried variant

3.2 Change with DBMGUI

and

3.3 Change with dbmcli

of note 25591 to change the password, but both finished with errors.... (see first post)

Variant 3.1 was impossible, beause I did not get a SQL session for the user superdba because of the unknown/destroyed SQL password. But I knew the password, I could login using superdba in the original database for SQL! So it was not a wrong password!

Do the variants 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3 of note 25591 something different? I understood, that they all do the same, but in different ways... so if I try two and the third was not possible there must be an other problem...

Well, the problem was solved by deleting and creating the database again.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Christian

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

for such issues a thorough analysis of the issue needs to be done.

Please open a support message for this.

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

the recovery with initialization again did not work, still the same problem...

Maybe there is something wrong with the backup ... I am going to check this ...

Best regards

Christian