cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key Date as Universe Parameter causing problems with QaaWS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have implemented a universe on a BEx Query, which produces the Key Date shown as Universe Parameter. The Key Date variable in the query is "special" because it is not part of the common variables and in this case the Date is not part of the Cube. The problem is when the Universe is created against the BEx Query, the common variables are considered as filters but the Key Date variable is shown as a Universe Parameter.

With Web Intelligence this is not a problem because the key date is prompted correctly but when implementing a QaaWS on the Universe, the error message "Prompts are not resolved" appears.

If this is a known issue, is there a fix or workaround available?

Thanks and regards,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

for the keydate you have specific icon in the query panel and you can configure if the user is getting prompted or not.

see here as well:

/people/ingo.hilgefort/blog/2009/07/21/track-changes-of-time-dependent-hierarchies-in-web-intelligence

if the user is not being prompted you need to enter a fixed date.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

thanks for your reply.

The problem is still that in the Query Panel of WebI there is "Prompt users when refreshing data" option available in the Keydate Properties but in the Query Panel of the QaaWS, there is only "Use the default date" and "Set a date" options available.

I know that a workaround could be using the Live Office but the goal is to use QaaWS and prompt the user...

How can this be done using QaaWS?

Regards,

Peter

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

for SAP based sources we generally recommend Live Office for several reasons, the main being that in case you running in to performance problems you actually can leverage a prescheduled instance or publications. In case the web service is supposed to be used for Xcelsius then I would suggest you use the new connectivtiy available with Sp2 and BI 7.01 SP05.

for the item on QaaWS I would suggest you open a support case.

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

I guess we have to use the Live Office Connection, because the BI needs to upgraded in order to use the Xcelsius' new SAP Connectivity.

Thanks a lot for your support and best regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo / Hi Peter,

I got a fix for this.

I created a Universe filter for the Key Date Variable with the Filter Tech Name as that of the Key Date variable in universe parameters, under the particular class / dimension.

In universe parameters, made the Key Date Variable not mandatory and disabled the key date variable.

Make sure you use the right name for the filter (Use the one which is as identified by the universe and not the technical name in BEx). Else it will keep on troubling you with MDX error.

It will work both on Qwaas and WebI. You can thereby avoid the workaround of using Live Office.

Regards,

Suneer Mehmood.

Answers (0)