cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-filling user authentication error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please help me to resolve this issue. I am trying to do E-filling scenario. Able to sent the data to government server but it's giving error as user authentication failure. How to resolve it?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns4:GovTalkMessage xmlns:ns4="http://sap.com/xi/HR"><ns4:EnvelopeVersion>2.0</ns4:EnvelopeVersion><ns4:Header><ns4:MessageDetails><ns4:Class>UndefinedClass</ns4:Class><ns4:Qualifier>error</ns4:Qualifier><ns4:Function>submit</ns4:Function><ns4:TransactionID></ns4:TransactionID><ns4:CorrelationID></ns4:CorrelationID><ns4:ResponseEndPoint PollInterval="10">https://secure.dev.gateway.gov.uk/poll</ns4:ResponseEndPoint><ns4:GatewayTimestamp>2010-04-14T10:56:16.831</ns4:GatewayTimestamp></ns4:MessageDetails><ns4:SenderDetails></ns4:SenderDetails></ns4:Header><ns4:GovTalkDetails><ns4:Keys></ns4:Keys><ns4:GovTalkErrors><ns4:Error><ns4:RaisedBy>Gateway</ns4:RaisedBy><ns4:Number>1046</ns4:Number><ns4:Type>fatal</ns4:Type><ns4:Text>Authentication Failure. The supplied user credentials failed validation for the requested service.</ns4:Text><ns4:Location></ns4:Location></ns4:Error></ns4:GovTalkErrors></ns4:GovTalkDetails><ns4:Body></ns4:Body></ns4:GovTalkMessage>

Regards,

Nutan

Edited by: nutan champia on Apr 14, 2010 1:25 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The target host secure.dev.gateway.gov.uk (test site) is not having the user credential which were sent by us. So we used the secure.gateway.gov.uk (Live site) but maintained a flag in sap program to inform that the data is for testing purpose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to get Token/Credentials before submitting the data to gateway.

It is problem with credentials.

Please check those details to proceed.

Regards,

Chaitanya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

Please tell me where I should check those credentials.Already I have uploaded the security certificate in XI server. So, it means the government server has to understand the message sent through XI and respond back. So, I am unable to find where this user credential has to be checked. Please suggest.

Regards,

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

check for this part of the payload:

<GovTalkDetails>

- <Keys>

<Key Type="TaxOfficeReference">ABCD</Key>

<Key Type="TaxOfficeNumber">ABCD</Key>

</Keys>

see if the values mentioned in Number and Reference are correct.

this issue is not related to certificates it is surely with payload.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

Thanks for quick response. In my payload I am able to find this:

<n0:GovTalkDetails><n0:Keys><n0:Key Type="TaxOfficeNumber">123</n0:Key><n0:Key Type="TaxOfficeReference">MD345</n0:Key></n0:Keys>

Whether TaxOfficeNumber and TaxOfficeReference should be same?Please help me to understand the significance of thiese values.

Regards,

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Number and reference will be different.

Make sure these are correct, try log into hmrc website with the details you have.

check the values in this section also same:

<ns1:IRheader>

- <ns1:Keys>

<ns1:Key Type="TaxOfficeReference">ABCD</ns1:Key>

<ns1:Key Type="TaxOfficeNumber">ABCD</ns1:Key>

</ns1:Keys>

r u trying to send CIS or P9 or P49 s??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

Those values are correct and verified by HMRC. I am sending P49. What next to be checked?

Please suggest whether the user credentials will be viewed in payload at below:

<n0:SenderDetails><n0:IDAuthentication><n0:SenderID>XXXXXX</n0:SenderID><n0:Authentication><n0:Method>XXXX</n0:Method><n0:Value>XXXXXXX</n0:Value></n0:Authentication></n0:IDAuthentication></n0:SenderDetails>

If this place i can find the user credential then how can i get confirmed that its correct or not. From where can i get it verified?

Regards,

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

The issue is resolved. This error was raised because I was using Target Host : secure.dev.gateway.gov.uk (test site) instead of secure.gateway.gov.uk (live site). And the user credential which was present in the payload was not present in the target host. But before using the Live site, we have to take care in running the SAP program which send the data.If we are testing our scenario then we should maintain a flag in SAP program which will inform the Live site of government server that the data is for testing purpose.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Nutan