cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MMC tree structure disapperas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Today don't know how my SAP MMC tree structure has disapperaed for my <SID> server.

I tried recreating the services by using sapstartsrv.exe but it is giving an error:

Cannot install service.

CreateService failled: 421

Account name is invalid or password is incorrect.

I reset the password of SAPService<IDS> but still it is giving the same error.

Can any one help me recreating the service so that my tree structure apperas and

I start my IDS server.

Thanks & Regards,

PG

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After the SAPService<sid> user password is reset, you have to set the new password in the Service itself. You can do this by going to Services - Properties - Logon Tab - Change the password. Try this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I cannot recreate the service using sapstartsrv.exe even after resetting the password of SAPServiceIDS user.

Error that is coming is Account name is invalid or password is incorrect.I can't even login via this ID and Password.

With add/remove snap a structure get created,but blank, without the tree structure.

Even in the services I can't see the SAPIDS_00 services.Can anyone help me regarding this or do I have to reinstall IDS again..??

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am able to get the tree structure by ADD/Remove SNAP, but only partially. Only till processes. Now it is giving an error "cannot connect to SAP Service on host.,Web Service error 20,DCOM interface error : 80040154, class not registered.

This could be mainly due to the absence of SAPIDS_00 services in the services. I can't even created the service via sapstartsrv.exe as it is not taking the password for SAPServierDS.

Can anyone help me to get the remaining of the tree structure.

Any help would he highly appreciated.

Regards,

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try changing the userid and password manually in services file . It should work for you.

Add SIDadm/password for all SAP related services.

Regards,

Nirmal.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmail,

I had reset the password of SAPServiceIDS and <SID>adm. By <sid>adm I am able to login as well but the same is not working in case of SAPServiceIDS.

Even when I do services.msc I can't see SAPIDS_00 service. Hence in order to re-create this service I need to run sapstartsrv.exe.But when doing so it is not taking the password of "SAPServiceIDS" giving an error as password incorrect.

Is there some other way to reset the password. I did via Computer Manager>Users>SAPServiceIDS>All task>set password.

Any help would be greately appreciated.

Regards,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Please refer to this might help on your case

Hope it helps

Regards

Arun

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure that you use,

<domain>\SAPService<SID> for domain installations or .\SAPService<SID> for local ones when recreating the service.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I am not doing any installation.SAP is already installed. Would you please help me to know how to use or check this.

Regards,

PG.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please try it from <sid>adm user.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

I did but still same error.