Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read data from clusters ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can any one please help me with procedure to read data from any Pcln tables.....other than pcl2.

with and without using macros..

I'm planning to read data from Pcl4 from cluster LA .using the macro RP_IMP_C4_LA. i dont know how to pass the key or where to use the key to read data .

Please please let me know the standard procedure to read data from cluster tables.(i know PCL2).'

Thanks In Advance !

Kiran

6 REPLIES 6

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You dont need to write any special statements to read data from cluster tables.

Anyways PCL* tables are all transperant tables & not cluster. (Please note i am in ECC5.0 if that matters to you in anyway)

BR,

Suhas

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, they're transparent tables containing raw/compressed data.

If you can read PCL2, what is the problem with say PCL3?

Thomas

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Just out of curiosity. In our system we have a custom table built which stores data in LRAW format.

The table is updated using IMPORT/EXPORT FROM/TO DATABASE statements (similar to INDX).

Can we read the PCL* tables in the same way as INDX ?

BR,

Suhas

0 Kudos

I assume so, but I don't have the time to try myself and also no data inside these tables

I'm still puzzled why OP knows how to read PCL2 but has a problem with the other tables of identical structure.

Thomas

0 Kudos

Same here. No data in the tables, so lets park this discussion

BR,

Suhas

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

For reading data from PCl2 i know few functions modules like CU_READ_RGDIR ...Ext but for PCL4 or other tables i dont know..can you please help with some Function modules or sample programs with reading data from tables...

Thanks,

kiran.