cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBA and Crystal Reports XI Developer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm new to crystal reports and VBA, trying to do something very simple but it's not working. I am using Access 2007 along side Crystal Reports XI Developer. I have inserted the ActiveX Viewer Control 11.5, and I am trying to simply set the report source and view a report, using the few lines of code below:

me.CrystalActiveXReportViewer1.ReportSource = "C:\CrystalReports\CrystalReports.rpt"

me.CrystalActiveXReportViewer1.ViewReport

The problem is when I reference the viewer control I don't get the property to set the reportSource or viewReport, am I missing something really obvious here, is this the correct ActiveX control???

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Move to Visual Studio .NET for application development.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See if [this|https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100006013432008E/rdc_vba.exe] helps.

Ludek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wish moving to .net was an option, but unfotunately that is not an option for us at the moment.

I have tried looking at that example before and it doesn't really assist me much as it is for older version of rdc, do you know any good resources for CR11.5 and vba? I've tried searching the forums and not come across anything that will assist. I don't understand why when I insert the Crystal Reports viewer object I don't get the same properties as in the examples such as viewreport and setsource.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, VBA was never supported by the RDC so resources will be quite thin.

How are you instantiating the viewer?

Ludek