Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM reversal material document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I read in OSS note 173272 that (I include it literally):

"When you reverse a material document, Customizing data is used in releases earlier than Release 40A in the detail screen of the movement type to specify the source storage bin.This incorrect procedure was changed in Release 40A to the effect that when the source storage bin is determined a basic distinction is made between material document reversal and posting with the reversal movement type.In material document reversal, the storage type and the storage bin are always transferred from the material document to be reversed"

So, this would mean that when I use MBST to cancel a GR, the OT created for the cancellation should bring the same data as the OT related to the GR. Is this the meaning? In my case this is not working, I have to include manually the source bin during cancellation. My release is prior to 4.0.A

Any idea??

Thanks in advance!!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no, this means that your old system does always take the values from customizing and not from the material docuement that got reversed.

In other words your customizing is not complete to find the source bin automatically for the reversal movement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry!!

I meant exactly the opposite, my SAP version is 6.0 so later than 4.0

I then may suppose that OT for reversal should bring the data included in OT for GR, right?