Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot need to transfer at the time of STO GI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

There is a typical requirement for STO GI

Letu2019s say there is a material P in sending plant A where the stock is in quality status & UD clearance is pending for a batch X, but for the same material P I need to make GI w.r.t to mvt type 641, to another receiving plant B. I want to transfer this inspection stock through STO route. The receiving Plant-B will clear the quality stock once it is received.

While trying this scenario, it is throwing an error "only 0.000 KG of material number batch number available" in sending plant A.

Is there any way how to transfer inspection lot pending stock from plant A to plant B through SD route.

Has anybody come across this kind of issue? If so, please share your thoughts.

Regards,

krishna Mohan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Explore following IMG path:

SPRO --> Logistics - General --> Batch Management --> Batch Status Management --> Activate Batch Status Checking in Warehouse Management

Here Transfer of batches with status 'restricted' allowed

If this indicator is set, the transfer of batches with status 'restricted' is generally allowed.

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP is behaving correctly while raising the error.

Since the material is in quality stock, thus cant be moved.

Thanks

SUMIt

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this a common occurance? SAP doesn't really believe in moving material until it is cleared.

If it happens infrequently, I would just have the lab manager post the stock to unrestricted before the UD with a restricted batch status. This material can be shipped on an STO but not sold to a customer.

They can then use QCA1 if they want to transfer the inspection lot to the receiving plant.

If it is something that happens all the time, consider creating batches in restricted batch status and for those materials where the transfer of material is common before UD post turn off the Post to QI stock.

If the material is not batch managed, I don't have much for you. You'd have to have the lab post the stock to unrestricted before the UD and then ship it. The lot could still be transferred to the other plant using QCA1.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Fire fighter,

This is not frequent occurence. Due to space restriction my client wanted to transfer quality stock from one Plant to another Plant through STO SD route. Receiving plant is located in another state which requires exicese documents. two Plants are fully export oriented units.

Also, you mentioned, QCA1 transcation code, which i could not find in the system. I know about QAC2 which does the stock transfer from one storage location to another and one plant to another. However, here it does only quantity move but not inspection lot movement to my knowledge. If it does what are the settings for that..

At the time of PGI using 641 Mvt, is it possible to make the system to consider the quality stock in the supplying plant?

Any user-exit or any settings are reuired for this.

Please throw some ligjht on this.

Regards,

Krishna Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me put my views on what scenarion is there..

First of all you can not move material from QI to QI through SD route.Means you ave to make sure that it is unresticted stock & not QI.

Second thing QAC2 will not help as Exise as you said we come into picture.

Now it seems that you want to sale this material to other plant (as far as SD is concern) then yo can use std way to sale the same(here you may land up creating one plant as customer)

But as per my knowledge ,std way of MM( 303 & 305 mvt) will also help you.like std STO in MM.Take help of MM guys for the same.

now last

,At the time of PGI using 641 Mvt, is it possible to make the system to consider the quality stock in the supplying plant?

No how can stock be picked from QI as in std IM its only unrestricted stock in MMBE is available stock.

I hope this will add some value.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, a bit deslexic here on the transaction code. I was doing that from memory. You have the correct one.

Since it is a just an occasional thing, I wouldn't spend a lot of effort on changing a lot in the system.

Have the lab manager post the material to unrestrcited and ship it on the STO.

You can't consider QI stock for any shipments. Not going to happen.

FF