cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A SSP ticket was received and can't be interpreted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are trying to .NET use Authentication features in EP Portal. Here: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/edb8a190-0201-0010-d398-c23... it's said that you can use portal SSO to connect with SAP .NET Connector and then use MySAPSSSO2 ticket directly.

Here's my code:

Dim m_oDestination As New SAP.Connector.Destination

Dim conn As SAP.Connector.SAPConnection

m_oDestination.MySAP_SSO2 = HttpUtility.UrlDecode(Request.Cookies("MYSAPSSO2").Value)

m_oDestination.AppServerHost = "110.1.3.120"

m_oDestination.Client = "800"

m_oDestination.SystemNumber = "00"

conn = New SAP.Connector.SAPConnection(m_oDestination) 'create a new connection

conn.Open()

proxy.Connection = conn

Response.Write("Connected")

conn.Close()

But when the conn.Open() Line is reached an Exception is raised : SAP.Connector.RfcLogonException: It's been received a SSP ticket that cannot be interpreted

So we don't know what to do next? Do we need to install an specific library before trying this?

Thanks for you help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Portal and ABAP server need to be configured so that the ticket can be used for logon. Please see blog /people/dennis.kleymeonov/blog/2005/09/15/connecting-sap-systems-to-enterprise-portal-with-sso .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reiner,

WE have followed the guide and SSO has already been configured. But the problem it's the same, .NET Connector cannot interpret the ticket.

Is there somehting specific should we check?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reiner,

I have the following questions:

If I check AuthenticationType:

at = Me.User.Identity.AuthenticationType

The variable at comes empty and it's supposed to have the value MYSAPSSO2 What do I need to do to make AuthenticationType=MYSAPSSO2? Do I need to configure some additional settings?

I forgot to mention that my application is a .NET IVIEW generated with PDK 2.0 in VS 2003 so I don't know if this is the right procedure to have the .NET connector proxy connected to the Backend System.

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I forgot to mention that my application is a .NET

> IVIEW generated with PDK 2.0 in VS 2003 so I don't

> know if this is the right procedure to have the .NET

> connector proxy connected to the Backend System.

Ah, well in this case please ignore the ticket toolkit and use the features provided with the PDK: The PDK has a special Destination for the connector that is used to pass the portal login to the Connector.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reiner,

I have changed the code, now using a portal destination:

Dim conn As SAP.Connector.SAPConnection

conn = New SAP.Connector.SAPConnection(PortalDestination1.ConnectionString)

conn.Open()

conn.Close()

The error now is: The system is unable to interpret the SSO ticket received

The content of PortalDestination2.ConnectionString is:

MYSAPSSO2="AjExMDAgABRwb3J0YWw6QWRtaW5pc3RyYXRvcogAE2Jhc2ljYXV0aGVudGljYXRpb24BAAACAAMwMDADAANFUFAEAAwyMDA2MDYzMDE1NTAFAAQAAAAICgAA/wD0MIHxBgkqhkiG9w0BBwKggeMwgeACAQExCzAJBgUrDgMCGgUAMAsGCSqGSIb3DQEHATGBwDCBvQIBATATMA4xDDAKBgNVBAMTA0VQUAIBADAJBgUrDgMCGgUAoF0wGAYJKoZIhvcNAQkDMQsGCSqGSIb3DQEHATAcBgkqhkiG9w0BCQUxDxcNMDYwNjMwMTU1MDI2WjAjBgkqhkiG9w0BCQQxFgQUm0m9kiieDwfJkPFTdQ7lkStQMIAwCQYHKoZIzjgEAwQuMCwCFBeA4EjwV1LgeulpLOXaNyssOVuAhQJkbhSjWJzvpw7oCxELErjm+s2A==" CLIENT=800 LANG=en ASHOST=IP SYSNR=0 SNC_QOP=0

What could be the reason the connector can't interpret the ticket? Could it be altered somehow? How can we know this?

Thanks for you answer

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately I don't know details how the PortalDestination works. Hopefully some of the colleges from Israel can take over?

You could also open an OSS support ticket.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seems like you've defined the connection properly (since I see you get the connection string). Only thing that looks strange is the ASHOST=IP (did you just remove it in your post? it should be the IP of the R/3 server...).

Another thing - did you set the AuthenticationMethod property on the PortalDestination to SAPLOGONTICKET (in the EP system)?

Regards,

Ofer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ofer,

I removed the IP from my message. I've checked the Logon Method in the System Configuration in EP. And it's correct : SAPLOGONTICKET

What else could be affecting the ticket?

Thanks for your answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marin,

I'm not sure what's gone wrong, but it looks like the connection string isn't the problem. The exception seems to come from the R/3 system, not from the .NET code.

You might have done something wrong with the Portal and ABAP configurations (so that the ticket can be used for login).

My suggestion is that you again carefully read the blog Reiner mentioned (/people/dennis.kleymeonov/blog/2005/09/15/connecting-sap-systems-to-enterprise-portal-with-sso), including all the comments, PS's and check out the other links there. And then try to re-do all the steps again, maybe something was left out or didn't work the first time.

Another test you can do is to try to see that when you change to "user+password" authentication you are able to run your BAPI (just edit the 'system' in the portal, no need to change your code)

Regards,

Ofer