cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Layout 7KE1 Limitation of Upload Cells ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We've created a layout that would enable us to upload profit center by accounts. However while trying to upload via Excel we got an error message :

To many objects in overview screen

Message no. K9 071

Diagnosis

When the overview screen was generated such a large number of data records were found that more than 9999 data cells would have to be displayed in the overview screen.

We're using 4.6C - Any ideas besides splitting the files into smaller chunks which seems inefficient for us to upload our planning file ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

waman_shirwaicar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The reason of Message K9 071 "Too many objects in overview screen" is that the system can only process up to 9999 data cells. So, you have more than 9999 data cells to be displayed in the layout which is too much for the system. This is a technical limit, but I cannot imagine how any user could work with such amount of data.

The planning in this case would be very inconvenient for users. The solution is to partition the planning data into more packages according to proper characteristic(s).

(The calculation is made as follows:-

Number of Data Cells = Number of Rows * Number of Columns in the layout.

Unfortunately it is not possible to change this 9999 limit, because the internal data structures used in the planning processor are of data type which does not allow to store number greater than 9999 (type NUM(4)).

But as I said it is really incovenient for end users to use such a big amount of data. The partition into the several packages will be helpful.

All I can suggest is that you create smaller packages of plan data or redefine your selections to call up fewer line items.

If you need to upload big volume of data then the best way to do so especially from performance point of view is using of BAPIs.

regards

Waman

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume you are using T.code KP06 for uploading the plan data. You can split the files and keep them in one directory and select the directory after selecting " import file directory " radio button in " Flexible upload" screen. That will save time instead of uploading each single file