cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to resrict the vendor only in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to restrict certain group of vendors only in SRM and allow them to be used in R/3 system.

When I block or delete vendor in R/3 through XK05/XK06 and replicate, the changes effect for both R/3 and SRM systems.But requirement is to block them only in SRM and should be able to use in R/3.

Please suggest solutions if any for this.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu,

In case if that purchase orders still has open documents to be completed, for example Goods receipt or Invoice,will it allow to restrict the vendor??

Regards

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you in which scenario ?

initially try in testing server you will fell the difference.

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu,

We are using Extended classic scenario in SRM 5.0 version.

For some vendors it is getting processed and showing the message as 'Business partner can be locked' , 'Purchase orders will continue to be processed', 'A new vendor is assigned to shopping cart when order is placed'. For such vendors I am able to lock.

But for some vendors, it is showing the message as 'The business partner cannot be locked' , ' Documents still exist that are not completed'.

What does this mean??Can you please clarify.

I needed I will send the screenshots to your Email Id.

Regards

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use this function to lock business partners for whom you want to suspend or terminate your business relationship. Locking a business partner means that you can no longer create procurement documents (shopping carts, purchase orders, auctions, or RFx, for example) in respect of this business partner. You have to end all procurement transactions before you can select the lock checkbox.

Before you save the lock checkbox, the system displays a list of all affected procurement documents. You can branch to the detail view of the individual documents.

You can archive a supplier after you have locked it.

Prerequisites

You have one of the following roles:

Professional purchaser (SAP_EC_BBP_PURCHASER)

Strategic purchaser (SAP_EC_BBP_ST_PURCHASER)

Administrator (SAP_EC_BBP_ADMINSTRATOR)

Activities

To lock a supplier, select the Central Lock checkbox in business partner maintenance.

To delete the lock, deselect the Central Lock checkbox.

To archive a supplier, select the Archiving checkbox in business partner maintenance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If business requirement is to not to allow vendors in document creation, better would restrict such vendors in

search help/ or putting custom check in BAdi.

changing vendors through BP would get overwritten when you replicate from ECC Otherwise you always need to take care for these vendors while replication process.

hope this appraoch matches to your scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu,

When I try the option you suggested, it is showing the message as 'Business partner cannot be locked' and 'Documents exist that are still not completed'.

We are in extended classic scenario.

Regards

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i see ..

what srm 550 sp level.

i am in classic SRM 550 and SP15- no problem.

is po has any invoice or GR done.

when i just tried just Po was created for quick testing.

let us wait for others reply. no problem you can clarify your question to SAP via SAP OSS message.

i belive in - BE SURE ; NOT ASSUME

ACCORDING TO me, WE SHOULD HAVE A CONTROL ON VENDOR, if i dont want some vendor i should lock whenever i dont want them.

Muthu

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kunal,

Using BBP_VENDOR_SYNC report to create/update (according to your customizing) SRM vendors from their vendor master in R/3, you can implement methods from BAdI BBP_TRANSDATA_PREP.

For both methods, depending on your functional need, you can manage for example:

- SPERM flag for "Purchasing Block at Purchasing Organization Level" in parameter CT_LFM1 by setting it,

- SPERM flag for "Centrally Imposed Purchasing Block" in parameter CT_LFA1 by setting it,

- LOEVM flag for "Delete flag for vendor at purchasing level" in parameter CT_LFM1 by setting it,

- LOEVM flag for "Central Deletion Flag for Master Record" in parameter CT_LFA1 by setting it.

In this way, vendors concerned are OK in R/3 but not useful in SRM.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Laurent, please can you tell me how can I restrict values to replicate vendors to SRM with this BADI?

Can you send me an code example?

Thank s in advance

Rosa Rodríguez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This code can be debugged by running bbp_vendor_sync program.

Check out this code in method Prepare_replication_data in your Z implementation:

Field-symbols : <vend_range> type BBP_LFA1.

Loop at ct_lfa1 assigning <vend_range>.

• put your condition here.. for example like you want to restrict vendor for some number range*

if <vend_range>-lifnr NP '00006'.

delete ct_lfa1.

endif.

endloop.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Muthu.

But shopping carts have already been created against this vendor and hence it is not allowing to put central lock for the vendor in 'Manage Business partner'. System gives a message as 'documents already exist for this business partner'

Is there any way to restrict such vendors?

Regards

Kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kunal,

Try the 'Archiving' and 'Central Blocked' flags in BP transactions Status tab.

SG

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tried the same .

The data for business partner XXX was saved.

-

step1:- vendor created in ECC

step2:- vendor brought in to SRM

step 3:- created SC and refered this vendor and created PO in the backend - classic

step 4:- manage business partner . i central lock flagged.

The data for business partner XXX was saved.

I GOT above message only

Muhtu

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

web

manage business partner data

-> go to

Business Partner Status

try central block

so that you can not use this vendor for SRM procurement

or