cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info Field does not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to display the "last update" information for certain InfoProviders within a BEx Web Template. If I add the web item "Info Field" and save the web template, the icon of the web item is being displayed within the designer. When executing the template the web item is being "deleted" automatically and nothing is being displayed within the portal. Any clues on that? Is this a known bug in WAD?

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

First you can use INFO_FIELD_ITEM to show info like last update etc ...

For your question plz check whether your infofield correctly included in WAD template and it does not have "HIDDEN" property on.

Also if you use containers in WAD check whether infofield included in row/columns of container.

Regards.

[Uryukin Andrey|http://il.linkedin.com/in/andreyuryukin]

SAP-BI Consultant, [Advantech|http://advantech.co.il/en/index.asp]

[SCN Blog|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/u/252016769] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks very much for your replies! I will check your suggestions asap.

In the meanwhile I get a confusing problem like described in this thread already: When inserting ANY webitem into a certain row within the table of a web template it ALWAYS gets deleted automatically after saving the web template. No error message, no warning, no error when validating on server...any clues on that?

Many thanks!

former_member595061
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the web item just not displayed in the executed version in the portal or is the web item actually deleted from within the WAD? Where are you adding your items to? Maybe the surrounding web item is set to 'invisible' in the properties? Does the same error occur when creating a new template?

Best regards,

Janine

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the problem again and "solved" it. It seems that when copying content within the XHML view some problems can occur. Best practice seems to be just using the original functionalities within layout view. Especially when extending existing tables with new rows/columns...So after I inserted new rows/columns via the layout's context menu everything worked pretty fine again!

thanks anyway!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

srikanthbwbw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Info field only displays about the Global filters, Local filters and Variables. When you assign the info field in the template you need to give the data provider to that webitem otherwise you will not get any data when you execute your template.

Use text web item, You have several options available such as last refreshed, executed by, changed by, last data upload and so on.

Thanks

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

You may use a Text webitem instead. Choose 'Last Data Update'' from Data Binding -> Text Binding = General Text Elements, for the Data Provider in question.

--Priya