cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can an contact person be independent of a customer master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to create a contact person that will be used by multiple customer masters. Is it possible to set up an independent customer master and then reference it within the partner funcitons of an e.g. sold-to?

Regards,

Gary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a contact person using the transaction code VAP1. This contact person can be assigned in the partner tab of customer master, you can assign it where ever you want.

Path: Logistics-->Sales and Distribution -->Master data ---> Business Partner --> Contact Person --Create contact person.

Hope this will help you.

Venkat Cheedalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I am aware of VAP1, however my question is that can the contact person be defined/created with reference to a customer master record and then be assigned. From my knowledge this does not appear to be possible.

Regards,

Gary

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot create a contact person independent of a customer, Initially you got to create a contact person either in VAP1 nor while you create a customr master in Genera data-contact person..an auomatic number will be generated and then you can assign this same conatct person no. in other cust.masters in Partner funcn CP...under sales area data..

Reg

JJ