cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Request in InfoCube

p_m8
Participant
0 Kudos

I would like to delete all the Request in the InfoCube and do the re-load from ECC6.

I right-click InfoCube ->Delete Content, then it will prompt me the following:

Do you want to delete the contents of this InfoCube?

I click Yes, then it prompt me the following:

Do you want to keep the data in the dimension

tables?

I click No

Is it correct to choose No?

What is the different between this Delete Contents if I delete all the Request manually in InfoCube ->Manage ->Request tab?

What happen if the Request has been compressed and also roll-up to Aggregate?

Which option should I use - 1) right-click InfoCube ->Delete Data or 2) Delete the Request one by one via InfoCube ->Manage ->Request tab?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

p_m8
Participant
0 Kudos

no answer

desgallagher
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lynn,

Deleting the Dimensions or keeping then depends on if the data you load again will be similar to what you deleted. Since

the data loaded are normally very equal to the data you loaded before it makes sense to keep the Dimension tables

and than most SIDs/DIMIDs in the Dimensions are existing and the loading is faster.

If you want to 'cleen up the cube complety though (maybe you completey redesign it) then its better to delete the

Dimensions. If you keep dimemsions you also need to check that there ratio to the size of the fact table do not

get too large, you can check this by executing the Transaction RSRV >Transaction Data > Multiple Entries

in Dimensions of a (Basis) InfoCube and Entries Not Used in theDimension of an InfoCube.

If you manually delete the entries from the fact table the difference is that the data will not be deleted from

the E fact table (this is where the compressed data is stored).

If you want to delete all data from the cube then the best option to use is to right click on the cube and select the

option "delete data".

Best Regards,

Des

p_m8
Participant
0 Kudos

Des,

Yes, I would like to delete all the Requests and re-load all the data again (clean-up the complete InfoCube).

So, Ok, I will will use the "Delete Data" option and then choose "No" so that all dimension table will be deleted too (clean).

I hope this option (Delete Data), willl delete all the compressed request too?

And I will have no problem to re-load data later?

shanthi_bhaskar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in that case right click on infocube and delete data then it will delete entire data with dim id's

p_m8
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok, I will right-click on the InfoCube and choose "Delete Data". This is much faster and cleaner, I think.

BTW, what about ODS? Is there any quick where like cube? Or I have to choose the Request one by one and click Delete?

Pleasea advise, thanks.

p_m8
Participant
0 Kudos

For ODS, I think we can also choose to use the Delete Data option - Right-click ODS ->Delete Data.

This seems to delete all the Request (including compress) and change log too.

So the ODS is clean for re-load.

Correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes deleting from ODS this way(right click -- delete data) will delete both the active and change log tables.