cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Modeling Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We have 0Customer Which has attributes adn 0country is one of the Attribute. Now, I just have a scenario wherein i need to have both 0customer and 0country as Selection Screen Variables in the Report. So, I have made 0country as Navigation Attribute so that I can use it as a normal InfoObject in Report and it can be navigated around.

But I also have Country Field being Loaded through a Transaction DataSource and i am mapping this field to 0Country infoObject. This Transaction DataSOurce is a Generic DataSource based on Function Module.

NOw, my issue is what will be better Performance wise.

1) TO have 0country as the navigation Attribute and use it in the query or have it as a seperate InfoObject.

I know that , if it is used as a Navigation attribute , it can be used across various InfoProviders, but it seems navigation attributes have Performance isssues.

Please Provide your Valuable Inputs.

Regards,

Samir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is directly saving in Cube then create avariable in that InfoObejct only. Becasue it is direct reading from Cube. Other Wise if it is Navigational Attr it needs to go to Customer and then abased on that Key it need to go Navigational Attr table and get the data, so create a variable on direct InfoObeject from Cube

Thanks

reddy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed