cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I want to convert the warning message "CN709 - Material & is marked for deletion (check)" into error message. I have tried it in following setting but i cannot able to add the message application area as CN & message number 709 in the setting at following path.

SPRO>Plant Maintenance and Customer Service>Maintenance and Service Processing>Maintenance and Service Orders> Message Control.

Please provide the solution to convert the warning message into error message. Also specify how can i test that the message can be converted or cannot not be converted as per requirement if get the message class & message number for PM messages?

Is it possible to track the history or updation of component tab in PM order. I have checked in change document for orders but it is not showing first component added. it only records the changes to order component tab.

Regards

Makarand Gurjar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member546319
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Makarand,

Just try this, I hope it should work. This is cross-client solution

T Code: OBMSG,

Application area CN, Add message number 709 if not existing

Then

T Code OBA5,

Application Area CN, message Number 709

Make warning message for online and batch entries

This has been posted in SDN previously. I did not test it personally

MLN Prasad

Hi all,

Understand that the solution is not working and need to proceed as suggested by Paul below.

So please ignore the solution.

MLN Prasad

Edited by: Mr. M.L.N.Prasad on Apr 14, 2010 5:35 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes This is answered.

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Message CN 709 cannot be changed as it is hard coded - it is issued as a warning without checking any parameters/customizing.

As an alternative, exit CNEX0037 could be used to check the material deletion status and prevent use if found to be flagged for deletion.

Generally you cannot add messages to Message Control. Only the messages already defined there have the supporting program logic to issue message using customizing setting.

-Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Makarand, As prasad told u need to do setting.

CN u need add in Application Area, generally it won't be avaiable.

The setting will be in cross client.

regards

Srinivas