Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implement Expand & Collapsed facility without using Tray

satrajit_chatterjee
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Expert,

Is it possible to implement Expand & Collapsed facility without using Tray UI Element. Due to some of the problem in the portal, I am not able to use the Tray UI Element, but I want to implement the same Expand & Collapsed facility in WDP, without use of Tray.

Is there any Idea, how I can implement ? Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Satrajit.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's not exactly an answer to your question - but I think Thomas has already done that - But have you considered using tabs instead of trays?

I know amongst the guys I work with there are some strongly held opinions that trays are bad - tabs good. Just look at the majority of new UI design - hey even look at the browser you are probably using now! It is likely that it is showing information in tabs - not collapsible trays... In my experience - users understand that tabs mean more content is available but just hidden for the moment, whereas trays they forget they are minimised...

Good luck however you solve your problem.

Cheers,

Chris

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I suppose you could similuar something similiar to Exapand Collapse by having the inner content within a transparent container. Then on some server event you could toggle the visibilty property on the transparent container. However this isn't as efficient as the Tray - since the tray performs its switch on the client side using javaScript and doesn't require a round trip to the server.