cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with the MRP run- Coverage not provided by Master plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to run MRP as there are some customer orders/ requirements. After the MRP run, the planned orders are not getting generated for the material. When I see the customer order report, I see an error message "40 Coverage not provided by Master plan". Can you please advice?

Thanks and regards,

Brijesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please refer OSS notes 550441 question no 06 for Exp message 40 Coverage not provided by master plan.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SANIL,

In BOM, we dont mention the lot size ranges right? can you please clarify and elaborate?

Regards,

Brijesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar,

Thanks Sir for your feedback. Regarding the issue, the planning file entries were not existing for the material. Thats y the planned ordes were not getting generated.

I had posted question for the same in this forum "Issue in Planning file entry creation for materials"

There are some materials for which there are no planning file entries inspite of having MRP data and valid MRP type.

The reason (1) could be that those materials might have been created before MRP was activated for that plant. Another reason (2)is that materials created by certain batch SAP programs do not trigger the creation of a planning file entry automatically, the way a MM01 normally does when you create a material. Otherwise when a material is created with MRP data & valid MRP type, the material will be automatically included in the Planning File.

Please let me know whether my understanding on the above( reason no.1 & 2) is valid or not. Is there any SAP / OSS document / SAP help related to this information on reason (2) that you can share with us? If you could share any link of any such document, it will be really helpful.

Regards,

Brijesh

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You need no have to do set up planning file entries.

If in the initial stage , you have not activated MRP for the plant , this step " set up planning file entry"

is required.

For planning file entry use the following transactions,

MD20 : Create planning file entry

MD21 : Display planning file entry

MDAB : Set up planning file entry in background

MDRE : Check planning file entry

Exception message '40' resulted from the calculation of the ATP quantity in Transaction MD04.The calculation of this ATP quantity is not provided anymore in Transaction MD04 since it was not an "actual" ATP quantity as in Transaction CO09, but it was calculated according to a separate logic which did not take into account certain relevant parameters.Branching to the ATP quantities now leads to Transaction CO09 which considers all MRP elements, checking rule and scope of check.This instrument should be used now, here the previous exception message '40' is equivalent to a negative, cumulated ATP quantity.In Transaction MD04 exception messages '10' and '30' from the rescheduling check can also be used to determine receipt elements that are not covered.

Also refer this thread,

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your inputs. Issue is resolved.

Regards

Brijesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just see lot qty range given in BOM from to .

Your requirement should be within that limit

If you keep suppose for example

from 1000 to 999999

And you are trying to put requirement 500 Qty system will show you this exception message.40

Regards

SANIL