cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fleet equipment Subequipment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Can you please tell me if i am creating the sub equipment for the truck which view profile i have to assign to that equipment.

Suppose i am creating truck's engine or Motor as an equipment should i provide the vie profile of FLEET or general equipment view profile.And also suggest me against which category i have to create should i create with only FLEET or engine with M category & Motor with E category.

AR

Edited by: Amit Rana on Apr 14, 2010 11:53 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member546319
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

You can create only the Truck as Fleet Object. The Other Sub-Equipment like Engine, Motor etc. can have their respective Equipment Category.

That is the standard process. Similarly the View profiles will be that of the Equipment category.

MLN Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

If i will create fleet subequipment with normal equipment category & normal vie profile then how can i differentiate whethe it is fleet related or general equipment.

AR

Edited by: Amit Rana on Apr 14, 2010 2:55 PM

former_member546319
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

If you use different Equipment categories for Fleet Objects & Sub-Equipment (Normal), you will not be able to know that they are related to Fleet Object.

So you may take help of Classification System to differentiate Normal Equipment & Equipment which are Sub-Equipment to Fleet Objects.

MLN Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create the equipment categories as "Attachment" or "Parts" for this purpose.

In one of my fleet management solution, I had created Excavator as fleet equipment, Bucket as Attachment and Tyres as parts.

Then assign this bucket & tyres to the excavator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

One more suggestion, Yo ucan also use the user status profile for the same in which u can create a status called Assign to Fleet object.

This will also helpful in sorting out those equipments which are the sub equipment of fleet.

Regards

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My only concern is that should i use the view profile of general equipment or Fleet while creating the subequipment for Fleet.

For e.g. if i am creating the engine of the Truck with general view profile insteed of fleet view profile is it create any problem.

Please share your experience to achieve the best.The thing is that in both the view profile it will have different screen so suggest me the standard practice which will improve the master data.

AR

Former Member
0 Kudos

AR,

It wont create any problems if you Use FLEET profile for Main equipment and use the regular profile for sub equipments.

View profiles are just a group of data set. You would want to pick the profile based on the data that needs to be captured for the object.

Regards

Narasimhan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You create the Truck as Fleet Equipment & other machinaries like engine and other parts make it as a normal machines. Anyway you will assign those in the Master equipment.

Else you can define new equipment category for those machines which will come under fleet equipment machinaries.

Regard,

Maheswaran.