cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM TECHNICAL: SMARTFORM TRANSLATION FROM ENGLISH TO OTHER LANGUAGE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SRM Technical/Functional consultants

I have a requirement of translating the existing smartform in SRM from english to french. So the client wants to see the smartform in french also.

I have the below queries for this:

1. How can we make a PO Out put preview language dependant? Becasue we see the POs in webportal and not in SAP GUI. I tried changing the language of a user in settings in portal but the PO still displays in English.

2. Is the translation of SMARTFORM similar through the normal SE63 transaction? If yes, in my SRM GUI, when I try to convert from source language EN to target language FR (french), it shows me an error as 'INCORRECT CODEPAGE'. How can I change this error. I assume that the existing code page does not allow the french translation.

3. Also please let me know if you have a HOW TO document for a typical smartform translation procedure,

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thank you and Best Regards

Jerry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Write a code in the smartform to select from the vendor lanuguage. I hope all the vendors will have the language set. Based upon that you switch the translation. in the smartform there will be a function module generated keep the break point there and press print preview it will stop there.