cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password with special character (e.g. #)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have anyone ever run into this problem? We are using a password with a special character like (password=test#1) and the MI didn't like that character. Is there any work around that I apply? Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Dai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dai

Is this your Local logon password or Sync password. For local password, you can use such special chars. But for sync password it depends whether you are using Sync Servlet or ABAP Sync Service. If you are using the Sync Servlet there is absolutely no problem in using such special characters. But if you are using Sync Service, currently you cannot use special characters and the workaround for this currently is not to use special chars for Sync service. Let me know you landscape and hope this helps

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar,

How do I find out what Sync I am using?

Here is our landscape:

ERP 2004

WEB AS 6.40 ABAP & J2EE SP16

MI 2.5 SP16

MAM 2.5 SR4

By the way, it is Sync password. We have J2EE administrator to do the trace and he found out that there was an incomplete password (e.g. password=test#1 became -> password=test) Some how the # is disappeared from the password entered.

Thanks.

Dai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

to find out which service you are synching against check the sync URI in MobileEngine.config (under <MI_HOME>/settings)file:

Finding somethig like this

MobileEngine.Sync.Gateway=http\://HOST:PORT/meSync/servlet/meSync?~sysid\=SYS&

Points to the sync servlet--> "/meSync/servlet/meSync"

Finding "sap/bc/MJC/mi_host" points to the ABAP service

Rgds Thomas